7mm Rem Mag - 160 gr AB - RL22 Recipe?

HuntElk4Fun

Beginner
Oct 2, 2005
Settled in on RL22 for my new "test" powder for my 7mm Mag. I've been using 4831 forever, but looked into the RL22 because it seems to be recommended for 7mm's and 300 Win Mags. I'd like to get to one powder due to cost, yet not sacrafice a ton of performance. Anyway, anyone have a good recipe for RL22 and 160 gr AB's?

start at 61. Shou;d max out at 3000+ fps at 65 gr or so!

Pop - Awesome & Thanks!! :)

Anyone have their manual on where the "most accurate" loads sits using RL22? I'm just curious where it sits, etc.

I am not sure if the manuals do but almost every 7 mag i worked with loved this powder.

Thanks for lending a hand POP. I agree that RL22 works well in the 7mm Rem Mag.

I also started with 4831 years back. Switched to 4350 to "share" powder with the .308. And, most recently went to RL22 loading 65 grs behind the 160 gr AB (recipe from the Alliant Powder website). It's been my experience that the RL22 shoots as accurately as the 4350 (which was very consistent in my gun) with a bit more "ummph" (fps).

jd

Great post :grin: I just joined the forums with the intentions of asking this very question. I need to develop a load for my caribou trip in just over 2 weeks from today.

On another note........What is the BC of the 160 grain accubonds?

Imr 7828 is alos a great powder for the 7rm. It's a bit slower so start w/ 62gr & work up.

Has anyone used the 160 gr AB on a Black Bear?? Just wondering if it would hold up. I have used Partitions in the past but wanted to try something different

Back