8mm Rem Mag Range Report

Mike, I really believe that will stop most game in North American as the saying goes it is going to put some hurt on something :)

Blessings,
Dan

sask boy":1bl43czd said:
Mike, I really believe that will stop most game in North American as the saying goes it is going to put some hurt on something :)

Blessings,
Dan

Yes it will Dan, you are so right.

Bullet,
I had a feeling about RL-25 in your 8 Mag. Terrific shooting buddy, what a hammer you have.

Don

If that 220 is built like the 300 SBT GK Fotis used in his 378, I think it should be a nice looking bullets. Can't wait to see what the jugs say.. If it doesn't pan out so well, I bet it would take much to get the Swift A-Frames to shoot with a similar load and I am pretty sure those will blast some fur.

SJB358":1rljoyts said:
If that 220 is built like the 300 SBT GK Fotis used in his 378, I think it should be a nice looking bullets. Can't wait to see what the jugs say.. If it doesn't pan out so well, I bet it would take much to get the Swift A-Frames to shoot with a similar load and I am pretty sure those will blast some fur.

I will be hitting a jug in the very near future, but if my suspicions are correct, the 220gr Sierra will hold up just fine and if it does you realize I will be hitting those jugs at 15yds and that will be over 4,000ft pounds of energy when it hits.

bullet":1hy5tvjb said:
SJB358":1hy5tvjb said:

I will be hitting a jug in the very near future, but if my suspicions are correct, the 220gr Sierra will hold up just fine and if it does you realize I will be hitting those jugs at 15yds and that will be over 4,000ft pounds of energy when it hits.

I think you'll get WET!

SJB358":3iwdhvck said:
bullet":3iwdhvck said:
SJB358":3iwdhvck said:

I think you'll get WET!

I sure did the last time I did it with a 210 Partition out of my 338Win Mag at 10yds. I am going to have and umbrella over me :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I think we need to put some bets on the amount of jugs it takes to stop it..

I am saying 7 jugs Mike...

Takers? I will buy you a drink of your choice when we meet (all of ya)!

SJB358":hohsq9rr said:
I think we need to put some bets on the amount of jugs it takes to stop it..

I am saying 7 jugs Mike...

Takers? I will buy you a drink of your choice when we meet (all of ya)!

I say at least 8 jugs :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Test will be Friday Morning the 20th of July and make mine a coke also :mrgreen:

DrMike":9ocum3rz said:
At fifteen yards? Six jugs. Scotty, make mine Coke.

...gotta go w/ DR. Mike, @ that range/ MV the 220gr. Sierra is gonna dump a couple of tons of energy explosively, it would probably do better @ 100yds...

wildgene":3hiujcev said:
DrMike":3hiujcev said:
At fifteen yards? Six jugs. Scotty, make mine Coke.

...gotta go w/ DR. Mike, @ that range/ MV the 220gr. Sierra is gonna dump a couple of tons of energy explosively, it would probably do better @ 100yds...

you know, I am going to adjust to 50yds because I am interested to see if the 220gr will take an up close shot. 50yds would be good compromise to see if the bullet will hold up on a close shot but it is not to close as wildgene suggest would be the case at 15yds. So I say at 50yds 9 jugs, what say you?

I'll keep my suggestion at six jugs. I'm still drinking Coke. :grin: Don't slip me a Pepsi.

I will stick with 7.

Either way, a six pack for the right answer will be worth seeing what it does.

Maybe we could coax Gene to do the same with the 325WSM and his 220 load! Be a cool comparison to see what comes out and we could see what the Sierra will look like a little further down range once the speed drops off on the 8RM... Man, were doing this all for good, right?

Back