95 vs 100gr PT in 243

fireroad

Beginner
Jul 19, 2009
Would like to hear from folks who have loaded up a few of these and put them in front of a chronograph. Which bullet did you end up going with and why? Recipe, bbl length, and rate of twist would be helpful.

Back in my 243 Win days, I used the 95 gr PT with a MAX load of IMR 4350,
shot under MOA.

JD338

I use the 95BT for deer. Tried the 100PT and it shot well, the deer tended to run farther and leave LESS of a blood trail than with the 95BT. Double-lung hit doe ran 50yds into a huge thicket and DID NOT BLEED until the LAST 20 yds? I have spent too many nights on hands and knees trying to find some deer hit with a .243. The 100gr bullets seem to not expand on a deer?? 6mm entrance hole and a 6mm exit hole=VERY LITTLE BLOOD! 80gr. Rem Hollow point =50cent piece size entry and exit and usually DRT(Dropped Right There) or a short and EASY trailing job. Good luck!

I use the 100 grain Partition for my deer load in my Ruger Tang Safety .243. The load chronographs at 2873 fps. I'm loading with 41.5 grains of IMR 4350 and CCI 200 primers. I also loaded down and then back up and determined the the Winchester WLR primers are also interchangeable in this load.

Back