A pound of powder... How much shooting?

This all reminds me so much of the early 70s when Detroit had been bangin' out the musclecars for nearly a decade, then suddenly gasoline prices shot up and everyone wanted a VW Beetle. Let's hope it's just temporary!

Oldtrader3":1l7ynl7i said:
It ain't temporary, I will guarantee that.

Charlie,

I wish I could disagree with you.

JD338

Just picked up a 17 Hornet! Have all the componets except a suitable powder. At 10gr per round a pound will go 700 rounds. If I could find a pound of LilGun or AA1680 I'd be in business. Squirrel season is upon us!
Scott

muleman":1m4ekp1s said:
Just picked up a 17 Hornet! Have all the componets except a suitable powder. At 10gr per round a pound will go 700 rounds. If I could find a pound of LilGun or AA1680 I'd be in business. Squirrel season is upon us!
Scott
Was at my local Cabelas and they had a bunch of lilgun.
Now if i could find some H4350 I'd be a happy camper.
Sorry that doesn't help you

LilGun cooks in the Hornet. I used it exclusively for the 40 and 45 gr Hornet bullets and got 2650 fps out of LilGun. Good powder for the Hornet with MOA accuracy in my Ruger.

700 rounds per pound is pretty amazing! The 17 Hornet is interesting.

gerry":3r0l8ujr said:
700 rounds per pound is pretty amazing! The 17 Hornet is interesting.

You aren't kidding about that.. I am seriously looking at something along those lines or a 222 Rem. Anything that doesn't use much more than about 25 grains of powder per charge would be pretty sweet.

One pound of 50 BMG will give me roughly 50 rounds in my 30-378 at 123 grains per a case :evil: . I shoot about 50 to 75 rounds a year through the Weatherby. Not so much because of cost but secondary of concern for barrel life.

Loading 1000 rounds of 375 chey-tac for my buddies DTA HTI, loaded 400 and ran through the 8 1/2 pounds of retumbo i had here. That was a month ago and have yet to round up any more retumbo.

My lowest to highest runs 14 to 68 grs., with an average charge weight of around 45-50 grs..

Back