A young hunters bucket list

Guy Miner":1tbo8mts said:
SJB358":1tbo8mts said:
My mentor runs a 300 Win Mag cause it has worked well for him for 150 years or so :mrgreen:

:mrgreen:

He is pretty old Guy... There are trees in some places that wanna count his rings... :mrgreen:

Cracking up here.

Thanks!

Sorry Europe. Couple of ol' Marines who apparently spiked their coffee this morning. Or maybe should have?

I wasn't serious about being her guard dog, but wow, what a wonderful ten years of hunting she's got ahead of her.

Regards, Guy

Guy Miner":2wen9q8r said:
Cracking up here.

Thanks!

Sorry Europe. Couple of ol' Marines who apparently spiked their coffee this morning. Or maybe should have?

I wasn't serious about being her guard dog, but wow, what a wonderful ten years of hunting she's got ahead of her.

Regards, Guy

I am assuming your referring to Bill and all I have to say to you two marines, is you can only hope to still be going as strong as he is at his age lol

And I know how he feels, I have face lifts older than some here on the forum lol

Scotty--THANK YOU !!

April, as others have said, it just dont get any better than this. Heres hoping you go on all eight hunts.

The only animal on the list I have hunted is Elk and the 270 Weatherby works fine. I do not have the knowledge of the others to tell you anything, but wanted to comment on your initial post. One of the things that impressed me is how big you and your daughter have taught your granddaughter to dream. Best of luck to you both on the hunt in Spain later this year and on all your future hunts together.

If people like Bear, Hodgeman, Scotty, Cole, Dr Mike and others think the 7-8 with the 150 Swift will work,--it WILL work!

For sure, I'd be comfortable hunting about anything with 7-08 loaded with 150 grain Partitions, Sciroccos, or even a 140 grain AB, as far as that goes.

Sweet!! What a blessing April. Both of you are blessed to have each other. ENJOY!!
Duane

I wanted to thank everyone who commented on this thread, thank you!

Since, folks like Hodgeman, Bear, and Dr Mike hunt the grizzly and have no problem with her rifle and bullet choice, I have decided to leave it alone, especially since she shoots the combo so well, out to 350 yards anyway, which is the distance in her mothers home made range on their farm. Plus,, Scotty's approval of that particular bullet and everyone here knows that Scotty knows his bullets.

She will be hunting Elk in Arizona this year with her mother, as I am in Spain and will be saving my energy for our Ibex hunt here in Spain, hopefully late November. I want to get on them as soon as the season opens, as they are a tough enough hunt without them being spooked by other hunters, as the season wears on.

We will probably look at Africa next as it is the closest to me and we have friends there that can help. Also trying to talk her into doing the Fallow in Europe, but she wants to also dove hunt, so Argentina may be it, fortunately we also have friends there, where I could stay a few days before she arrives and stay a few more days after she leaves.

Cheyenne, I saw your post and am sorry that some have no sense of humor. Anyway thank you for your invite to hunt Moose and for your suggestion that a hunt with Dr Mike and his grandson would also be a fun hunt. Dr Mike and I can relieve the 40's while the grandchildren hunt is tempting--but, I think the laws in Canada would require that Dr Mike be with them when hunting In your case your closer to her age and you guys could disappear for days. However, this hunt, as per our makeshift schedule would be in the 4th year. Dr Mike and I dont plan past next week lol

Thanks again guys, appreciate your guidance

Awesome

I just want to throw my hat in the ring, in case Guy and Scotty flame out on helping you and your granddaughter with these hunts.

I've said it before- "beats holding down the recliner...." I know you will do all you can to help her, whatever that looks like. Having something to look forward tp is the secret you already know. You should be proud of that young lady ('course you are..). I would give something to "sit at the fire" and hear the next generation tell their stories of the hunt, As far as the 7mm-08 goes- I had one for a while (which I should have kept) when I still entertained ideas about Elk. However, I am not qualified to venture an opinion on whether or not its appropriate for all she wants to do. I do know that when Craig Boddington took his daughter to Africa that's what she carried. Mr Google can probably find you the article. Have fun! CL

Yeah, Canadian laws do limit opportunity to hunt if one is not hunting with immediate relatives. Guess I'd have to adopt another daughter.

Back