AB in 7MM WSM

high desert elk

Beginner
Oct 28, 2007
Howdy - tonite is my first nite here...

Has anyone loaded a 160 gr AB in 7MM WSM with IMR 4350? I noticed it isn't published on the online reloading data, but have seen it published elsewhere.

I have been loading up the AB in my .270 WSM and have taken several elk and one oryx with it. Needless to say, it's an outstanding bullet!

I am loading 160 grain AB in my 7 mm WSM, using MagPro. 68 grains yields 1/4" groups. Increasing to 70n grains expands the groups to 0.9" groups. I have used this load to take whitetail and mule deer, though I am currently carrying it for the final week of elk and moose season. There is no reason that IMR 4350 will not work with AB. Sierra lists 61 grains as a maximum for the 160 grain HPBT.

Welcome to the forum.

When I loaded for the 7 MM WSM the best groups were produced by RL22 and 160 AB.

I have a browning M-1000 Eclipse that I load with 61.5 grains of H4350E. Not IMR but I shoot .375 in groups at a 10 yards with this load. It's a hammer. I never have had luck with IMR powders, Hodgdon powders seem to work better for me.

Just my info.

D

Deeznutzr6":zh8i82sl said:
I have a browning M-1000 Eclipse that I load with 61.5 grains of H4350E. Not IMR but I shoot .375 in groups at a 10 yards with this load. It's a hammer. I never have had luck with IMR powders, Hodgdon powders seem to work better for me.

Just my info.

D
Do you usually sight in at 10 yards? :lol:

Just messing with you. You dropped a zero somewhere 8)

I would second the excellent velocity and accuracy with Magpro and the Nosler 160 AccuBond. I have had my best combo of above with 69gr. of Magpro, and the bullets seated 0.010 off the lands. With this load I have been getting groups out to 500yds below 0.4MOA. Velocity is around 3000fps.

I just returned from using my 7 mm WSM, loaded with 160 gr AB charged with MagPro, to harvest a fine whitetail. It was a close shot, but the shot had to be threaded through a very narrow opening in a poplar grove. The caliber did not fail me. The AccuBond performed as expected. The deer obliged by falling down.

Back