Academy Sports and Outdoors

RL338

Handloader
Mar 23, 2017

Has anyone here done business with them? They have BL-C2 at a very reasonable price for today. The kicker is they have free home delivery on a hazmat item. I paid $8/lb more at SW this past summer.

Has anyone here done business with them? They have BL-C2 at a very reasonable price for today. The kicker is they have free home delivery on a hazmat item. I paid $8/lb more at SW this past summer.
I live about 20 minutes from an Academy. Their prices are very fair for everything they sell which includes primers and bullets, firearms and other gear.

Thanks for the reassurance with them.
I ordered some and no shipping or hazmat added to my order.
Can’t touch powder around here for under $40/lb.

A good company to order from and my favorite powder in a couple loads for 2 different 7mm-08 rifles

When I was there on seldom occasions, I would lurk in the reloading department, but only to see some cleaning supplies and a few calibers of bullets, but never seen primers or powder or bullets of my choice. I will check on more occasions and see what they got.

When I was there on seldom occasions, I would lurk in the reloading department, but only to see some cleaning supplies and a few calibers of bullets, but never seen primers or powder or bullets of my choice. I will check on more occasions and see what they got.
Powders and primers for now, you can only get on line. I used to buy at the store before covid.

Spoke too soon , packaged was damaged in transit. Now it’s on the way back to Academy. Will see how they will handle this.
IMG_4492.png

Maybe you can call Academy customer service with the tracking number and get a replacement package on its way.

JD338

Man, I wore out the credit card when they had an end of season clearance sale on their Magellan hunting clothes. Saved a BUNCH and outfitted the grandson with everything he needed, and everything shipped/arrived quick. Been in the retail store a few times and always had a pleasant experience.

Spoke too soon , packaged was damaged in transit. Now it’s on the way back to Academy. Will see how they will handle this.
View attachment 22181
As a former Fedex driver, it's policy to return a HazMat package with even slight damage because of fear of leakage of hazardous materials. If I knew it was powder/primers and everything inside looked like it was ok, I'd just throw some tape on it and deliver it. The worst was a crushed can of frozen "Bovine Baby Batter".

I’m going to wait and see how they are going to handle this. I’m guessing they should receive it tomorrow and probably middle of next week they get around to do something.

Well this deal went south. Called them on 3-8 to see what could be done. The lady was very nice , she stated that since it was out of stock there wasn’t much they could do. She suggested to try back in a week to see if the returned powder was actually damaged or if it could be reshipped.
Call 3-15 no such luck , I was refunded.
In the back of my mind I’m thinking someone at Fedex knew what was in the box , helped themself to it and said they got the package damaged. After all it was damaged leaving St. Paul , MN the city of law and order.

Back