addicting

Is it indicative of a problem if I'm working from home, and while I was reading a business plan and supporting documents, I had a bucket on my right full of brass with dirty primer pockets and a bucket on my left where I was putting the brass once I had cleaned the primer pockets? Or that I reversed the flow after that to get them all primed with my hand priming tool? I don't think that's indicative of any sort of addiction. If I had a problem, I'd know, wouldn't I? Seems like it would at least have to have a negative effect on my work, right? Yeah, that's right. No negative effect, no problem. Yeah. Yeah, that's it.

dubyam":16k9lpju said:
Is it indicative of a problem if I'm working from home, and while I was reading a business plan and supporting documents, I had a bucket on my right full of brass with dirty primer pockets and a bucket on my left where I was putting the brass once I had cleaned the primer pockets? Or that I reversed the flow after that to get them all primed with my hand priming tool? I don't think that's indicative of any sort of addiction. If I had a problem, I'd know, wouldn't I? Seems like it would at least have to have a negative effect on my work, right? Yeah, that's right. No negative effect, no problem. Yeah. Yeah, that's it.

Oh the lengths we go to deceive ourselves :mrgreen: :mrgreen: but I am with you, since I am not experiencing any negative effects :mrgreen:

It is my goal also but in 50 years of trying, I never have saved money, just use better bullets and shoot more.

hubcap":21e0vzmn said:
hunter1276":21e0vzmn said:
WOW this is addicting lol ....... love the fact of making my own rounds tweeking GRRRRR its so fun lol. just curious anyone else feel same way lol?

Yes, everyone on this forum has O.C.L.D.D. The proof is that everyone owns a chrony and almost everyone has killed at least one.

LOL, I don't own a chrony, I have not committed bodily injury to one yet. :twisted:
Keith

rofcrs":13embe8v said:
"Reloading saves Money" This is still my goal!

My wife always says: "reloading doesn't save us any money... it just lets him shoot twice as much for the same amount"... pretty good observation on her part.

Nothing like shooting critters with loads you assembled, and nurtured, and swore at, and tried 4 different kinds of primers, and tweaked by ten-thousandths of an inch... kind of like catching fish on flies or spinners that you built yourself... a factory load or a Mepps just don't do it for me anymore.

Love to reload. It is so much a part of the whole adventure of hunting and shooting that I just don't know what I would do without it! I have been fortunate and have not sent a round through the chronograph yet...................

David

Hi my name is Dan and I have not loaded for 2 days. I think there are 12 steps in my loading procedure I mean I have quit :mrgreen: all joking aside there is a lot of therapy sitting in my room concentrating on a loading session.
Blessings,
Dan

rofcrs":ri9xzahg said:
"Reloading saves Money" This is still my goal!

This was my way of justifying it many years ago, but all I can say is it allows me to shoot more for less than it would if I didn't "roll my own" :roll:

It all started for me around '04 when I bought a S&W 629. The price of factory .44mag loads! :shock: Not long after that I learned more about the potential for loading my own rifle ammo and that was it.

Not much compares to printing small groups or dropping a critter with ammo I crafted in my garage.

:mrgreen:

Not to wax philosophical, but in my life, I don't get to make much that's tangible. I end up with a happy customer, a better product and a few more binary bits that work one way versus another.

Reloading fulfills a need in me to make something. At the end of a good reloading session, I look at that blue box with it's perfectly formed rounds and know they came from my own two hands.

AzDak42":210m4t5b said:
Not to wax philosophical, but in my life, I don't get to make much that's tangible. I end up with a happy customer, a better product and a few more binary bits that work one way versus another.

Reloading fulfills a need in me to make something. At the end of a good reloading session, I look at that blue box with it's perfectly formed rounds and know they came from my own two hands.

Well said, Handloading and Woodworking are about as good for the soul as anything I do..

Back