Africa 2015 recommendations

I'll be going for plains game in 2015, my research is leading me to Namibia. A friend has been coaching me through the process of finding the right outfitter, He just returned from his 10th safari. He was adamant I skip south Africa and head to Namibia. He is introducing me to a PH tomorrow at the Portland sportsman show and I'll send you the information.
Another friend has been three times. He has done extensive research and a photographic memory. His last two trips were picked up at the Sci day auction. He said to go to the auction with your list of vetted outfitters and you'll likely find a couple of hunts from your list. The last two trips he went on he purchased for a little more than half of what they listed for. Just a thought if your looking for a reason to go to SCI.
He is also a Namibia fan

Thanks for the recommendations. Let me know what you find out regarding outfitters.

Dr. Vette":3pbfg5i2 said:
Thanks for the recommendations. Let me know what you find out regarding outfitters.

Did you receive the recommendations from African Huntress?

Kalahari hunting safaris, 10 day, kudu blue wildebeest, red hartebeest, impala, blesbok, steenbok, 2gemsbok, 2 springbok.
$6500 2x1. 7500 1x1
Non hunter 175 per day and if you want the.Non hunter to take any portion of your ten head that is fine with them.

Kudu were best in May and June.
http://Www.Kalahari huntingsafais.net

P.s. my friend has not hunted with this outfitter, he knows their reputation however and felt they would be a.good fit for me. My buddy offered I could join him with Johan Cowlitz, I know I didn't spell the name correctly, but I can't afford the green fee so to speak.

The other recommendations was Touch Africa Safaris but I have not talked to them.
I did like talking to the guys from Kalahari, I've been selling trips to our families lodge in Alaska for years, I know good bull from honest bull. He had essentially the same response I would have given when I asked if I would kill all ten. I've never seen you shoot and I've only seen you walk up to see me. If you shoot as.well and.walk as far in the.mountains as.your.about to tell me, we have a good chance.
I got a good laugh out of that. Apparently some of our country men are fat, out of shape and.can't hit themselves in the ass with both hands.
So far first on my list, I still need to follow up with references and the like.

I love his response. Reminds me of how elk outfitters quote Opportunity, not success.

Back