Alberta Bear Hunt

Bob in TX

Handloader
Dec 3, 2004
I got to spend the first ten days of May on a black bear hunt in northern Alberta with some of "the gang". We hunted with Alberta Bear Busters. The Chinchaga River was one big ice flow when we arrived. Seven hunters took ten bears. I even managed to get a nice one this time! I used my trusty ol' 7mm-08 with a 140 gr. TSX. Bear DRT. I was planning on trying the new 150 gr. E-Tip, but well.......I will try them in my 7mm STW in June when they start shipping.

Here are a few photos from our hunt.

Bob

River

bciceflow.jpg

Doug's and my cabin

bccabin.jpg

Cook Tent

cooktent.jpg

Planning the evening hunt strategy.

bchammock.jpg

First day's bears.

bears3.jpg

We hunted until dark each day......around 11 PM. After a great supper we hung out and told lies at the fire pit.

bodallasjrpit.jpg

Bob-
Looks like a great time!!! "Cept I'm ready to be done with the snow and ice for a while. (in exile in MN- you know). Really looks like a great time. food, friends, fellowship and a bear to boot! No wonder that 7mm-08 stops them yotes in TX. Any plans for another Blackbuck? (was that it?) CL

Thanks guys!

CL-I hope to be able to guide a coulple of free-range blackbuck hunts this coming January & February. A few nice ones have moved in and started some harems up.

Bob

Great photos - terrific grin on your face, with your bear.

Oddly, he doesn't look quite as pleased... :grin:

Bob in TX

Congratulations on your bear! Very Nice.
Great pics, thanks for sharing.

JD338

Back