An Evening with Nosler

JD338":2f6s5nby said:
Something else I learned.....

Danielle told me that when she was sitting with Mickey that he spotted the deer in the hay field and got pretty excited. Danielle coached him to get on the buck and put her hand on his shoulder to reassure him. She spoke to him in a calm voice telling him where to hold and to squeeze the trigger.
Danielle said "just like you did for me Dad when I shot my first buck".
Wow. I thought that was pretty awesome.

JD338

That was indeed awesome! Talk about passing on a heritage.

Yeah, that is definitely what it is all about Jim. And someday you will be teaching grandchildren and it just doesn't get any better than experiencing the feeling you had when you taught your girls, all over again.

congratulations Jim on being a good father, teacher, and friend, you raised a a very special daughter. From memory I believe you raised two daughters, but at my age trusting my memory is not wise

Congratulations to all, great hunt

Europe":d2f1hsbq said:
Yeah, that is definitely what it is all about Jim. And someday you will be teaching grandchildren and it just doesn't get any better than experiencing the feeling you had when you taught your girls, all over again.

congratulations Jim on being a good father, teacher, and friend, you raised a a very special daughter. From memory I believe you raised two daughters, but at my age trusting my memory is not wise

Congratulations to all, great hunt

Thank you April and everyone else for your kind words.
My other daughter Kelly isn't a hunter but she loves venison.
And I just spoke with her earlier and found out the she is going to have a boy!
This just keeps getting better.
Now I have to start buying guns for my Grandson.

JD338

JD338":2849hqkq said:
Something else I learned.....

Danielle told me that when she was sitting with Mickey that he spotted the deer in the hay field and got pretty excited. Danielle coached him to get on the buck and put her hand on his shoulder to reassure him. She spoke to him in a calm voice telling him where to hold and to squeeze the trigger.
Danielle said "just like you did for me Dad when I shot my first buck".
Wow. I thought that was pretty awesome.

JD338

Jim, this is a fantastic post. Congratulations all around! Thank you for sharing with us.

Dan

Oh Boy from daddy to granddaddy way to go Jim. That news is better then drawing a tag I think. :wink:

Congratulations Jim. All things being equal, I might even enjoy the grandchildren more than the children Jim. spoil them, love, them, enjoy them but when you need some alone time, send them home Ha

My daughter last year was talking to me on the phone and going on and on about how stubborn my granddaughter was and when she was finished all I said was--"there is a god"

A short 5 to 6 years and he will be out there with you Jim

A lot to be thankful for Jim. congratulations to all on your hunting accomplishments and congratulations to your daughter, son in law and you for the baby boy news

Thanks again everyone. We all appreciate your thoughts.
Roger, you made me have to think twice. :)

Danielle just got her own xbow so we are shooting tonight.
I've got a 130", 140" and a 160" that is on our hit list.
Stay tuned.

JD338

Congratulations JD, to your family and to you. Wow, great hunting/shooting and a new grandson on the way. It doesn't get any better than that, great post.

Back