And So It Begins...

DrMike":16ndtd1u said:
sask boy":16ndtd1u said:
I am glad that some of you good gentleman realize that the good Doctor stretched a few of the stories just slightly :wink:.

Stretching! Moi! I represent that, Dan! My but that hurts! How sharper than a serpent's tooth... etc., etc., etc.

Always great to spend time with good people in the woods.
I cannot phathom how he stretched any truisms for he is a known minister of the truth. ;) :) [emoji106]

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Prowling the dense forests this morning with my son-in-law and Noah. The girls, Hannah and Sara, waited in the truck and messed up Noah's phone. I nearly had to restrain him when he realised they had taken a number of selfies and adjusted his wall paper, etc. It was a great morning, other than the rain, and the stumbling through the deadfall, and falling down repeatedly as I attempted to negotiate the maze, and... Seriously, it was great. We'll be going out again as soon as we are able to do so. I'm continuing to make Noah memorise the various scats we find, analysing for animal, approximate age, foods on which the various beasts have foraged etc. He's getting pretty good. I spent quite a bit of time explaining wind currents and approach to areas to hunt. He is a quick study. Noah is a joy to hunt with in no small measure because he is so conscientious about gun safety and woodscraft.

I have seen this first hand & Noah could not be taught by anyone better :wink:. Not only hunting & the outdoors but in life lessons as well! Noah is a fine young man & with shooting left handed he has a little more potential than his Pa :lol:! I can't say all nice things it just wouldn't be right!!

Blessings,
Dan

sask boy":2hbasv4d said:
I have seen this first hand & Noah could not be taught by anyone better :wink:. Not only hunting & the outdoors but in life lessons as well! Noah is a fine young man & with shooting left handed he has a little more potential than his Pa [emoji38]! I can't say all nice things it just wouldn't be right!!

Blessings,
Dan
[emoji106]

Yes, saying all nice things tends to either get too syrupy or too much like bovine fecal matter. [emoji4]

I would bet Noah's sisters know exactly which buttons to push............. :lol:

gerry":2yuvr41v said:
I would bet Noah's sisters know exactly which buttons to push............. [emoji38]
Sisters do have a way of knowing those things don't they? ;)

Yes, and they were pushing his buttons yesterday morning. I told them that henceforth there could be no phones when we drove into the bush. Of course, teenagers are going to adhere to that rule. :?

I just finished reading this thread again. Man, that was a great adventure with some wonderful men. Gerry and Dan are delightful hunters and a joy for anyone to know. If any of you make it up to Saskatchewan, look Dan up. He's a great fellow to know. If you should venture over toward the coast of British Columbia, you won't find a better guide than Gerry. They are a delight. Gil is one of the finest fellows you could know here in northeastern BC, and he is a darn fine hunter. Noah? Well, what can I say? He's a great grandson for this old codger. Again, the time invested in reading this account and the memories it engendered are rich payment as memories came flooding back. Good times, for sure.

Yeah, Scotty, it put a grin on my chin as I recalled those hectic days afield with good men. We still maintain contact from time-to-time. It is always a joy to speak with or to see each of these men.

Took the time just now to reread it, fun times for sure! Too bad most of the pictures are gone now but I'm glad the only one remaining you can still make out DrMike glassing the floor boards of his truck ;)

gerry":1t4703a9 said:
Took the time just now to reread it, fun times for sure! Too bad most of the pictures are gone now but I'm glad the only one remaining you can still make out DrMike glassing the floor boards of his truck ;)

Ya just never know what might be found in the recesses of those floor mats. Special times for sure, Gerry.

Back