And So It Begins...

Oh here is the picture of DrMike busy glassing for moose, think you guys will really like his "technique".

I think this thread wins thread of the decade. :)
Keep it up guys!

Vince

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

gerry":1q76j28r said:
Oh here is the picture of DrMike busy glassing for moose, think you guys will really like his "technique".

I was meditating! MEDITATING! I can't help it if the Philistines are incapable of recognising the genius of my posture! 8)

And I desperately wanted to "meditate" in the field too but did not want to give you the satisfaction of me doing so ;) :)

Yeah, four hours sleep a night does drain an individual after the tenth day or so. I needed two full days just to recuperate. I tried to do some work on Wednesday, but it was a wash. Yesterday wasn't too much better. I feel somewhat alive today. I did note that my eyes were open when I drove this morning. Consequently, Gerry, I ordered new nerf bars for the truck. Can't believe how easily they bend and rip. The rocks weren't that massive!

Glad you are catching up on sleep it was a tough week and a half. I have to say Dan and I were both impressed with how well the Toyota Tundra performs in the bush, you went down some pretty sketchy stuff and the truck did very well.

gerry":buod1uf9 said:
Glad you are catching up on sleep it was a tough week and a half. I have to say Dan and I were both impressed with how well the Toyota Tundra performs in the bush, you went down some pretty sketchy stuff and the truck did very well.

I'm equally impressed. I had no idea the truck would go down some of those inclines. :shock: I admit that you were rather stoic about the whole thing. I should be able to reupholster the rear seats where Dan's nails clawed holes in the headliner and he somehow stained the leather. As for the dents in the floorboard where he was kicking and stomping, I'm told the body shop should be able to make them almost like new, especially if I replace the floor mats. My, Dan sure can scream loudly, don't you think? :grin:

Man I can't remember the screaming part but I will tell you that my next truck quest will also include looking at the Toyota it went places that my GM may not have made or just maybe I would not have taken it :wink:.
Gil also owns a Tundra & has spent many years working in the Mountains, if anyone told me that a driver does not make a difference I would send them to Gil as he took his truck in alot of places quads would not venture and he did not have a problem at anytime.
Now Mike will likely tell you that he taught Gil everything he knows and I do not have any evidence to prove otherwise 8)!! Sorry Gil but we do know what Mike is going to say.

Blessings,
Dan

sask boy":29v7pxp2 said:
Man I can't remember the screaming part.

Perfectly understandable, Dan. The stress tends to block from our memories those intense moments. I would gladly provide audio evidence. Alas, I didn't have my phone set to record. Still, you did very well (for a flatlander).

Hey, all in good fun; and I truly enjoyed seeing you guys again.

Good God we have to make a movie of this.
Pauli Shore to play Dr Mike maybe? :)

Vince, I am not sure about a movie but those 10 or so days with Mike, Gerry, Gil & Noah were some of the best memories I have made in many years :mrgreen:.
Said it would like be my last trip up there but now my wife & I are planning a month to 6 week holiday next summer in northern British Columbia with stops in Dawson Creek & Terrace. Last evening my oldest & his family came over for supper. His little one is just about 16 months old & the apple of my eye 8) I took out the canned smoke salmon that Gerry had graciously supplied & Kasen had little sample on a cracker well he would not eat his supper but did have 6 crackers with smoked Salmon on it :mrgreen:. I am preparing him for the outdoor life (y)!!

Blessings,
Dan

Coffee is always on, Dan. I even cook when I'm not rising at 3 and going to bed near midnight each evening! :grin:

Glad the little guy is enjoying the fish. I do hope you will be able to make it out next year for some fishing, late July is probably the best with almost all species of salmon in the river at that time. It was a great time other than the lack of sleep............ :lol:

I'm looking forward to your pictures, just to see where we were. :shock:

Sleep?
What is sleep?
It sounds as if nefarious slumbering was had by all and looking forward to repeating it. :)
The stories invoke good memories and would make a great outdoors based magazine article (s) or television show.
Just saying. :)

Vince

It reminds me of the stories I read in the Bass magazine about the two hillbilly fisherman. :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:
But I'm glad all had fun and it was fun reading about it.

truck driver":35z4hvy8 said:
It reminds me of the stories I read in the Bass magazine about the two hillbilly fisherman. :roll: [emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] :mrgreen:
But I'm glad all had fun and it was fun reading about it.
Wasn't that "Hank and Joe" ?
I too was thinking the same thing. In the summers, as a kid, when we visited my uncle I'd grab his BASS magazines and read all those stories I could.

Vince

DrMike":zb2f7s0q said:
I'm looking forward to your pictures, just to see where we were. :shock:

I do plan on posting them up when I get a chance hopefully soon.

Back