Another beauty inbound.

Well she is back from surgery. She got drilled and tapped for new Skinner sights. They aging eyes are ok with buckhorns, but not like they use to be. Out to the range soon. Will include pictures.

Looks like this

Attachments

• download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
I’ve been ruminating on one of those. Old buddy inherited one in 30/06. I looked hard at one in 3040 Krag. Really would like one in 405 but have a hard enough time finding 300 HH brass.

Got a brand new Winchester 1895 and 405 Winchester coming in. I always wanted one ......imagine that...... because of Teddy Roosevelt, he shot lions and rhino on it back in the early 1900s now if I can find some ammunition and some brass would be great.

look up Gary Reader, done a bunch of work with 405 brass necked down, his line of cartridges was the GNR. perhaps if he is still in business he may sell brass

Well she is back from surgery. She got drilled and tapped for new Skinner sights. They aging eyes are ok with buckhorns, but not like they use to be. Out to the range soon. Will include pictures.

Looks like this
I like Skinner Sights on lever guns. I have to ask, the picture in your initial post shows that the rifle is factory drilled and tapped for receiver sights. Why not look for a receiver mounted Lyman 48 or Williams 5D instead of drilling and taping for the Skinner?

I like Skinner Sights on lever guns. I have to ask, the picture in your initial post shows that the rifle is factory drilled and tapped for receiver sights. Why not look for a receiver mounted Lyman 48 or Williams 5D instead of drilling and taping for the Skinner?
I like the skinners better more compact per se

Back