Another Outstanding Review for the N48

killdeernow

Beginner
Dec 20, 2006
Did anyone read the August edition of American Hunter? They did a review on the Nosler Professional chambered in the 325WSM along w/the 200 grain Trophy Grade AccuBond ammo.

Outstanding as usual. Keep up the good work Nosler!

killdeernow":36t1ka76 said:
Did anyone read the August edition of American Hunter? They did a review on the Nosler Professional chambered in the 325WSM along w/the 200 grain Trophy Grade AccuBond ammo.

Outstanding as usual. Keep up the good work Nosler!

Glad you enjoyed the article! We were excited to see the write-up as well. A lot of people overlook the 325 WSM and instead go straight for the 300, but the 325 brings a lot to the table--and obviously works pretty darn well on elk! According to our PR Manager Zach Waterman, it also works well on Prairie Dogs.... :grin:

SF

My 325WSM, stoked with 200 grain PTs has accounted for several moose and elk to date. All these animals managed to expire reasonably quickly and without a great deal of fuss. I do love my 325WSM. It isn't a Model 48, but it does shoot very well indeed.

I know the 325 is pretty close to the top of wants for the next rifle, just for the reason's mentioned. I really wished I would have bought a 325 instead of a 300, but it just gives me something to look forward to in the future!

SJB358":2xn19h3c said:
I know the 325 is pretty close to the top of wants for the next rifle, just for the reason's mentioned. I really wished I would have bought a 325 instead of a 300, but it just gives me something to look forward to in the future!
You nailed it from a 300 Mag perspective! A friend of mine is looking to get a 300 mag and I asked him why. The reason I asked why is because he already has an 06 (roughly a 200 ft per second delta).

We bickered for awhile (that's normal) and I brought up the fact that he needed to go up in caliber to cover more of the spectrum. He stated the 338 WM (I'm a big proponent) was overkill as a North American cartridge. After I descended back down to ground level, I stated he needed a 325 WSM. He started in on the short mag is a phase that will die soon conversation.

I then showed him the write-up, the fact that it's a short action, and it doesn't weigh much. Oh yeah, and that it will down anything in North America. Dr. Mike just helped that argument.

I didn't know it was also a good prairie dog cartridge, I'll be sure to point that out as well. Thanks Shawn!

Back