Any hunting near Shawano ?

Lorenzo

Beginner
Nov 8, 2010
Gentlemen,

I will be travelling because of work to Shawano, Wisconsin, near end of January, it is possible to do any big game hunting at those dates ?

Also maybe I will need to go near houston, Texas.

Any help is welcome.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

L

Lorenzo,

Merry Christmas, up in the northern states, big game is 98% done at yrs end (Dec31). I checked WI seasons real quick and the latest any Deer hunting that can be done is Jan 12th and that is in CWD areas only. Simpley stated, too dang much snow on the ground and the temps are bottoming out for the yr also. You could always go Ice Fishing.... :lol:

Come to think of it, I'll bet you have never been ice fishing and when I travel, I look into going native to experience the local stuff. Well, trust me if you like to fish and want a uniquely Northern Exposure experience, I would look into renting a sleeper house and have a blast..... Now, just think of what your buddies would say after they saw pix of you with a fine mess of Perch or Lake Trout from an environment that looks like the North Pole..??? Something to think about... Fishing Door County WI is an awesome exprience..
http://icefishdoorcounty.com/

Unless you want to chase coyotes on snowshoes, I would look to TX..

Me on the other hand, I am getting interested in a hog hunt.......

Rod

Thanks Rod,

Merry Christams for you and your family also !!!!!!!!!

It's possible to hunt whitetails in Texas during january ???

I have just googled the average temperatures for end of january in Shawano, Wisconsin.... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Honestly now I am worried !!!!! It will be like visiting the North Pole for me !!!!!!

I must leave behind our sunny beaches for travelling to the pole !!!!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Kind regards
Lorenzo

I second the idea of ice fishing.
An ice shanty, good friends and a small heater....ah the good times...

JD338

Back