Any recommendations on a good portable tent stoves?

Leo Couvreur

Beginner
May 25, 2022
I've been looking for a new tent stove for my wall tent. These Timber Grills that Tyson Traeger is manufacturing a Wood Pellet Products look like a trick set up. I like that you can burn pellets, wood, or charcoal in it.
Thanks

Last edited:
Never tried one of those pellet stoves. I’ve got two cylinder stoves from “cylinder stoves of Utah. They are heavy but hold a fire very well and show no indication of wearing out after 20 years of service. I’ll attach a pic later. I’ve owned several over my years elk hunting and they are by far the best by far.

Never tried one of those pellet stoves. I’ve got two cylinder stoves from “cylinder stoves of Utah. They are heavy but hold a fire very well and show no indication of wearing out after 20 years of service. I’ll attach a pic later. I’ve owned several over my years elk hunting and they are by far the best by far.
That's a pretty strong recommendation.

26 long, 16 wide at the top and 12 inches deep? Has a table that attaches to the port side and a five gallon hot water tank that attaches to the starboard side.

Attachments

• IMG_8022.jpeg
    IMG_8022.jpeg
    436.1 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_8023.jpeg
    IMG_8023.jpeg
    532.6 KB · Views: 9
26 long, 16 wide at the top and 12 inches deep? Has a table that attaches to the port side and a five gallon hot water tank that attaches to the starboard side.
That looks like a dandy Don!

JD338

I have a pellet burner attachment on my tent stove . it takes a lot of tinkering to keep it burning , if it's not really cold outside . the problem in warmer temps is the pellet feed needs to be run so slow that it plugs up and goes out , or the fire burns back and tries to burn up through the hopper . on colder nights it worked better .

the burner calls for softwood pellets . locally I could not buy them , so I'm burning hardwood pellets . I've thought that maybe softwood would make less heat allowing the pellet feed to be open a little more avoiding the problem , I don't know .

PA090841.JPG PA090838.JPG

Keep forgetting to get camp pictures. My old partner and his wife working on dinner. You can see the water heater.

Attachments

• IMG_8026.jpeg
    IMG_8026.jpeg
    567 KB · Views: 8
Looks pretty warm and cozy in camp. And having instant hot water is golden deluxe.

JD338

Get back to camp, get the fire going, gear put away boots off, relax a little. And the water is getting hot. No fuss no muss.

Back