Anybody looking f or a 7/08?

michsteve

Handloader
Aug 20, 2020
I use my local true value store for handling the FFL paper work , on my shipped in purchases . my local gun shops add a premium to the paper work fee , for not buying the rifle through them .

During checkout they will use your address to locate preferred FFLs in your area that they shipped to without issues.
7mm-08 great choice.

That is a deal and a half my friend. If I did not have a 7-08 already.......

Ordered one when I got home will have it delivered near my house. I checked how much left in stock they had 15 left. Starline had brass so ordered 500 the only thing left is dies I already have a bunch of projectiles in stock and plenty of different powders and primers to choose from. I bought a Steyr last year pretty much same model used but black and 30/06 it shoots very good with the few test rounds I tried. The Steyr last year was used I got at an auction house.

Congratulations on your purchase. Glad you could get a good deal and use a local FFL.
Post some pics when you get her home.
What glass a re you going with?

JD338

Congratulations on your purchase. Glad you could get a good deal and use a local FFL.
Post some pics when you get her home.
What glass a re you going with?

JD338
Not sure yet with scope I may buy one or move my Leupold VX6 1x6 firedot scope onto it from my Henry rifle. That would be a good combo this will be a woods gun so I don't need anything over 6 power.

Nice choice on the scope. What bullet are you thinking of running?
The ABLR make for a great deer bullet in the woods. The 150 ABLR flattens deer in their tracks! And with a .546 BC, it will carry the goods way out there should you need to stretch the barrel.
It's my go to bullet in my 280 AI.

JD338

Looks and sounds like a good deal on a good rifle. If you have or can find them Nosler 120BT,140BT and AB did well in the 7mm08 I had. Big Game and Stabal6.5 do well also. Looking forward to hearing how it groups. Dan.

I have
160 grain Nosler Part
156 grain Norma Oryx
160 grain Norma tipstrike
170 grain Norma Vulcan's

170 grain will likely only use with my 7 mag but other bullets will be tested.

I have Norma URP, 203B, Ramshot Big Game, Hunter. I have some Staball and RE 15,17,22. I have H4895 and Super Performance as well to work with.

My 7mm-08 is a RL-17 lover.
You have many powders listed that will work well.

I've bought from PSA before, and I know people who have used them a lot. That site can be an addiction.

Finally my order of Starline brass just showed up today it took almost a month but it was cheaper than anywhere else. Looking on Ammoseek the used brass sells for higher prices than the new Starline. If I have time this weekend I'll start making some test rounds.

Finally my order of Starline brass just showed up today it took almost a month but it was cheaper than anywhere else. Looking on Ammoseek the used brass sells for higher prices than the new Starline. If I have time this weekend I'll start making some test rounds.
Starline is a great bang for the buck. It would be nice if they got into making belted brass.

Back