Anyone Else Noticed?

Joec7651

Handloader
Apr 7, 2019
Has anyone else noticed that Alliant powders have surpassed Vihtavouri in price per pound? Isn’t Vihtavouri supposed to be what other powders are compared to regarding performance, consistency, and clean burn? I’ve never used it due to price, but if it‘s going to be the same price or cheaper than powders I normally use that will change.

I don't know if that's a joke or not but I'm laughing at it nonetheless

It's the reason I don't look on GunBroker when I need powders , primers or bullets. I just go to my list of suppliers and shootingbot.com to alert me of items in stock.
Yes, I did laugh at that price on GunBroker, idiocy at its best.
Joec7651, its hard to say during the shortage and price gouging these days, back before the shortage, most powders would have very similar prices. Wish we were in those days where we would not have any issues finding what we needed.

My thinking is that if Alliant powder is over $50 a pound, then the monetary reason for my not using Vihtavouri has been removed. Even Hodgdon’s powders are only $5 or so under the Vihtavouri price. This shortage has gouged us all as far as price is concerned, but it’s also made everyone’s products more competitive in price. Just some of my thoughts. I would rather prices be what they were a couple years ago but those days are gone.

I've been using a lot of Rl17 in my experimental work with the 7x57. The last bottle I bought had $31.99 wtitten on the top at a local LGS. I could have gotten it about $5.00 cheaper at Sportsman's Warehouse but they were out. This was back during the Obama shortage. I bought five of the bottles and I'm down to my last one. I haven't done much shooting in the last three years due to a bad accident in 2020, heart attack in 2021 and no cancer in 2022. Methinks the decade of the 2020s is trying to kill me off. I had a port put ij my chest for the chemo and I asked that it be done on the left side. The S.O.B. put it in on the right side. I can't even put the butt of the rifle anywhere near the shoulder. I know because I tried. I can shoot reasonably well left handed. Taught myself quite a few years back and its save a few deer hunts. I like hunting with my Ruger #1s so maybe I can teach myself to do a fast reload as well I can right handed. If the 2020s want me they have a fight on their hands.
Paul B.

Paul,
You are a warrior. Way to go buddy!

JD338

my last powder purchase was N570 . even with a ridiculous hazmat & shipping fee , it figured out to around $41 or $42 per pound

Back