Anyone using ramshot Hunter w/ great success?

kraky1

Handloader
Mar 7, 2012
I just found a pound of this at my local gun shop and it's not the recalled lot.
Sounds like it's great in 3006 and maybe good in 243, 7mmo8, 270, and 2506.....anyone got a magic Load?
Seems like it's near re19 in useful apps.

I am using Hunter in my 280AI. I'm hitting 3100fps with the 150TTSX. Very accurate. I recommend that you give it a try.

I use it more and more. Ended up buying two jugs of it. :grin: (I like having the same lot # and since the debacle don't want to run out)
Unfortunately I haven't loaded it in your cartridges, sorry!
By the way, Ramshot's TAC, Big Game and Magnum are pretty good also.
FWIW, if you're trying for the absolute fastest load, these probably aren't going to be the choice. But they're generally in the Top 10 or 15 and seem to work well.
Plus they meter extremely well.

Dwh7271":2c03sgzi said:
I use it more and more. Ended up buying two jugs of it. :grin: (I like having the same lot # and since the debacle don't want to run out)
Unfortunately I haven't loaded it in your cartridges, sorry!
By the way, Ramshot's TAC, Big Game and Magnum are pretty good also.
FWIW, if you're trying for the absolute fastest load, these probably aren't going to be the choice. But they're generally in the Top 10 or 15 and seem to work well.
Plus they meter extremely well.
I purchased a pound of Big Game but haven't had a chance to load any. I'll report back when I do. I load 30-06, 165 Nosler BT, Norman Brass, Winchester LR primers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If I could find it here in Canada, I would use it. I found a couple of pounds a few years ago, and it definitely worked well in standard cartridges such as the 280 and the 30-06.

I load it in 243, 7-08 and 30-06 with very good results.
243 with 85 gr. TSX
7-08 with 150 BT
30-06 with 180s

30.06 with Hornady 3035 with 53.3gn of Big Game. Very consistent. First picture is 4 shot group at 100. You'll notice the one I pulled. 200yd zero. The second picture is 2 shots at 200 to confirm still sighted in a year later.
IMG_0708.JPG
IMG_0927.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've never used hunter but have used big game and found it to be extremely temp sensitive . I stopped using it for that reason. So if there's any body in north western Alberta that's wants some big game powder let me know.

CDNhunter":3kcbdbkb said:
I've never used hunter but have used big game and found it to be extremely temp sensitive . I stopped using it for that reason. So if there's any body in north western Alberta that's wants some big game powder let me know.

This is 180 from my experience. I use BG in the 7mm-08, POA doesn't change from summer to winter.

P

Back