Archery elk in Montana

Rwest

Beginner
Jan 20, 2005
Hi all, I am planning on hunting Montana this year for elk. I will be archery hunting and would like to know if anyone would know when they talk in that state. Also is there any regulations on using a ATV. :eek:

I have never hunted in Montana, but I have been bowhunting in Colorado for elk several times. I have always had the best luck the last 2 weeks of September, even if it is after or during muzzleloader season. They seem to be more receptive to calling even though they have been hunted for a few weeks. If nothing else, they will bugle better at night and before first light, which will help you get a bead on them. I got this information when I too was curious and emailed Abe at Abe & Sons Natural elk sounds. Good luck. I will look for a picture of your harvest.

MAH

where in MT I grew up in Red Lodge went to school in Bozeman and just sold my house near Darby. Tell me where you want to go and I might be able to help. Some places will not even let you use horses. If you tell me where I might be able to help. In general most places in western Mt are a go directly to jail if you use 4 wheelers.

Back