At Last

8 x 68S and a 9.3 x 64 B using Norma bullets-------almost perfect-----missed the mauser 98 action

It is a beautiful build and will serve you well. either will handle that grizzly next spring

congratulations

Best Regards

Jamila

Africa Huntress":260qbc6e said:
8 x 68S and a 9.3 x 64 B using Norma bullets-------almost perfect-----missed the mauser 98 action

It is a beautiful build and will serve you well. either will handle that grizzly next spring

congratulations

Best Regards

Jamila

Ah, but the .358 Norma Magnum is built on a Mauser action! :grin: It works just as well as either of these. (y) The 8X68S and the 9.3X64 B are built on Winchester actions, which are still my preferred actions. As I recall, this action was essentially a copy of the superb German work. As many people know, I am a committed Winchester-ophile. :mrgreen:

The RMR shop did a beautiful job; but, then, their work is always first-class.

Dr Mike

It is a beautiful rifle sir. Congratulations.

Cheyenne and I have noticed that when we post the thread comes to a stand still and that is not our intent and we apologize to you Dr Mike. Since all three of us girls do have a good dialog and relationship with you, Dr Mike, we will continue to converse with you but via pm.

And THANK YOU, your heart felt comments are on there way to Argentina, and they will be appreciate by everyone in our family

Best Regards

Jamila

p.s. so the 358 has the best action ? (-: For the record Dr Mike, my father is also a pre 64 Model 70 fan. A lot of good natured kidding within our family (-:

Africa Huntress":2tgo8ii5 said:
Cheyenne and I have noticed that when we post the thread comes to a stand still and that is not our intent and we apologize to you Dr Mike. Since all three of us girls do have a good dialog and relationship with you, Dr Mike, we will continue to converse with you but via pm.

I think you're probably making the wrong assumption regarding the coincidence of your posts and threads dying. It has a lot more to do with the timing of your posts (with you and Cheyenne on significantly different time zones, your posts seem to arrive when much of the cussing and discussing is already complete) than anything you've said or not said. As near as I can tell, your posts are a welcome addition to the forum, and much appreciated by most.
-- Mark

It's funny Dr Mike - I have no real need or even want for an 8mm cartridge - having plenty of .30's and a couple of fun but nearly useless .375's - but I really like that rifle!

Is the jeweling on the bolt factory stuff? From Winchester? It looks great!

Guy

Jamila, of course I enjoy the banter with you ladies. Plus, I generally manage to learn something, even as old as I am. :shock: It is perhaps the primary reason I frequent this forum. There are some very knowledgeable people posting here, and I revel in soaking up the information. By the bye, your father has excellent taste--what with loving Winchesters and all. :grin:

Guy, this is the second rifle I've had Ceracoated. I am very favourably impressed with the process. As I stated, I always used a Teflon coating previously. This, however, does not scratch as will the Teflon. The colour choices is quite extensive. In fact, when I build a rifle for my granddaughter next year, it will be Ceracoated in pink with turquoise tiger stripes per her instructions. :? One thing about it, that rifle won't get lost easily or confused with any other rifle that may be in camp. :mrgreen: Consequently, the jeweling on the bolt is as from the factory. I think the burnt bronze causes it to stand out, which is why it is so noticeable.

DrMike":2syus8zz said:
For the first time in many years I do not have an extra scope lying around. I'm feeling somewhat distressed and thinking that I should buy one, even knowing that it will precipitate another build. Maybe a 6.5X68 this time? :grin:

This looks like a good reason/opportunity to buy a Meopta R2 and check it out.

That's a fine looking rifle. Is that the factory trigger in there? Did they do any other work to the action ? Looking forward to your range report.

Perhaps there will be a Meopta in my future. For now, it is pretty well Leica and Swarovski. I do like the Meopta, however. It is just easier to snag the others at this time.

STW, this is the factory trigger. I've never had a problem with Winchester triggers (or Remington, as far as that goes). I did no other work on the action. I have been pleased after the work RMR does on all my rifles, that they shoot quite well. Their accuracy work is first-rate, however. I've shot enough of their rifles to know that when they accurise a rifle, it shoots very, very well. I have shot quite a few 0.10 inch groups with RMR accurised rifles.

maverick2":3je3c1bh said:
Africa Huntress":3je3c1bh said:

I think you're probably making the wrong assumption regarding the coincidence of your posts and threads dying. It has a lot more to do with the timing of your posts (with you and Cheyenne on significantly different time zones, your posts seem to arrive when much of the cussing and discussing is already complete) than anything you've said or not said. As near as I can tell, your posts are a welcome addition to the forum, and much appreciated by most.
-- Mark
Please don't stop posting because it would be a shame. I have not noticed that things come to a stop. We enjoy having you folks on here! A LOT. Beautiful rifle Mike.

DrMike":2x8ci9ye said:
Fotis, the metal is Ceracoated in burnt bronze colour. I've recently been Ceracoating my rifles after Teflon treating rifles for many years.
Mike I used John Norrell Arms moly resin on my 280 Ackley and it performed to perfection on a couple weeks of snowy wet hunting. I was happy with it as well and a guy can get it in some different colors also.

http://www.johnnorrellarms.com/

We're living in a great time for gun care, David. That is a good looking product; if it was available locally, I would no doubt try it. As noted, I've used Teflon and Ceracoat. My primary reason for these products is availability locally. Convenience goes a long way, and especially when it is a quality product.

Back