Attorney General Holder

big rifle man

Handloader
Dec 21, 2005
I don't know if anyone picked up on comments made by a couple of democrats on Wednesday in regards to our new Attorney General but he was told to forget any new gun control and get busy enforcing the ones we already have on the books. This is a refreshing thought. He was told that the majority of democrats don't want anything to do with new gun control laws (re-election concerns?) and if he persists in his attempt to pass new gun legislation there will be a concerted effort against his attempts. All of a sudden people in Washington are starting to see the light?

Don't even start to think that...we are being backdoored daily. The new mentality is to keep high profile stuff out of the public eye. They sneak stuff in that is minor and no one cares about with a rider to come back and club us back and down. Don't mean to sound negative.....but I see it coming and it ain't good. :(

Holder, like his boss, is a doctrinaire liberal. When able, he will act for "the good of the people" to restrict freedoms. I see the possibility of restricting semi-automatic rifles and handguns because too many are going to Mexico and Canada. Then, because too many people are shooting dangerous "cop killer" cartridges, there will be restrictions on certain cartridges and/or loads. Then, it will progress to restrictions on components. It is difficult to countenance the protestations of innocence by those who are intent on protecting us from ourselves or thinking for us because we are incapable of thinking as they think.

Back