Back To Alabama For Hogs

hunter24605

Handloader
Apr 30, 2016
For the second time we are going to Alabama hog hunting on a farm that belongs to members of my brother's- wife's family. Last time we went in August, Ugh! it was hot and sticky and the mosquitoes down there need landing lights on them. LOL... This time we are going in January, and her people got us permission to hunt a large neighboring farm that grows peanuts. The pigs have been having a party rooting up his peanuts, around $4000 in losses this year..So he's very much willing to get rid of some, allowing folks he knows, or those people with a solid recommendation, come in and hunt. Supposedly there are some real fatties on this place, I guess a steady diet of peanuts will put some weight on. This time my daughter decided she wants to go and use her 7-08 and 140 partitions, it'l be pretty cool if she puts down a big old porker! We're real excited about it, a good way to kick off 2021, for sure!!

Heck yeah buddy! Now that’s my kinda January fun. And a great way to fill the freezer too!

Sounds like it will be a great time. Good luck. I hope to read all about it. Dan

Peanuts eh? You must be going to south Alabama. I am in NW Bama and hogs are starting to move in with force. An hour south of me hogs are starting to be a real problem.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Alabusa":2915oj77 said:
Peanuts eh? You must be going to south Alabama. I am in NW Bama and hogs are starting to move in with force. An hour south of me hogs are starting to be a real problem.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
Yep. Down close to Dothan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back