Barnes MRX

Tez300

Beginner
May 3, 2006
Who has given these boys a run?
Barnes-MRX.jpg

http://www.barnesbullets.com/prodmrx_new2006.php

:grin:

Everything I read says they are a great bullet. But until they get on the shelf and you can buy them, who knows how they will perform.

The TSX is a great accuracy bullet, but there is a lot of mixed feelings about it's killing ability. It looks to me that barnes has fixed some of the TSX complaints with this new MRX. Time and game on the ground will be the proof of that.

Oh by the way, the MRX is not cheap. Looks like they will be selling for about $1 each. At that price they better be good!

Starting to look more like a North Forks/Ballistic Tip combination than an original idea. I am sure Barnes is very happy that so many loaders are paying for their developmental cost while they try to perfect their bullet. One day they may get it to work as well as the Partition.Rick.

rick smith":3l7vw40t said:
Starting to look more like a North Forks/Ballistic Tip combination than an original idea. I am sure Barnes is very happy that so many loaders are paying for their developmental cost while they try to perfect their bullet. One day they may get it to work as well as the Partition.Rick.

Rick is spot on.
I guess am just a Nosler die hard. :wink:

JD338

I have ordered some from wholesalehunter. They are on backorder so I don't know when they will arrive.

I like the TSX but want a bullet that opens a little faster. I am hoping these will do that.

I found bloodshot to be nearly none existant with the TSX and am a convert for hunting critters that I am going to eat.

The ones I am after are the 180 MR-X for my 300 ultra.

My other load I am going to put together is the 220 Partition for bears. I like the way the Partition explodes while penetrating and don.t care about bloodshot on bears.

Back