Bases for 1100 special purpose.

lhsako

Handloader
Jan 12, 2012
I wish to mount my Leupold/Gilmore red dot for turkey. It has a vent rib. Can be drilled and tapped of course. Any nice after market set ups out there that wont require drilling?
Thanks

I use a B Square saddle mount with a red dot on my 870 Magnum for turkey.it works great and holds a zero.

JD338

There’s several saddle mounts out there that work. I tried two of the cantilever mounts and both bent within a few shots. I think because they’re not fully supported by the rib and recoil slams the scope up/down and the rail bends. Put on a tru-glow saddle and I’m quite happy with it.

Thanks, saddle mount ordered. red dot or holosight. What do you see as pros and cons?

No experience with halo but red dot- reflex sights work well as long as you don't use over 4 moa size dot as it tends to cover the target over 50-60 yds or so depending on size of target of like turkey heads. Deer sizes just fine. Dan.

Thanks, saddle mount ordered. red dot or holosight. What do you see as pros and cons?
Holographic sights work well, just have to be aware of parallax. The good ones have very little, but the budget halo scopes have a bunch. I have a sightmark ultra that's really good. and very slight parallax beyond 25 yards. I just couldn't justify $450 and up for an aimpoint or eotech for a scatter gun, but sightmark is around $125

try one of these!
9Ejgl3T.jpg

Back