Baush & Lomb 3000

nvbroncrider

Handloader
Aug 20, 2011
Has anyone used one or have any insight on them? Got one on the new rifle I bought and was planning to just sale it.

I had three of them. They were a pretty good scope for a reasonable price. The 3200 is so close to the 3000 that they could switch out without any trouble.

They are great for a back up scope if ever needed.

I have the B & L 4000 on my 204 6-20 X 36mm.
Good scope pre-Bushnell owned.

Blessings,
Dan

I had an Elite 3000 scope (3-9x40) on the Browning Medalion .280 Remington that I sold to our grandson. He has killed one deer and (5) hogs with this rifle and shoots it often. I could not tell any difference between this scope and the new 3200's. I used it for a safe queen scope on this rifle for several years before I sold it to him. I also killed a couple of mule deer with this scope on this rifle. It shoots sub-MOA groups too and is clear, bright and has good contrast.

sask boy":2mvxllky said:
I have the B & L 4000 on my 204 6-20 X 36mm.
Good scope pre-Bushnell owned.

Blessings,
Dan

I'm pretty sure ownership never changed... the parent company wanted the B&L name off of those 'nasty' riflescopes. I bought a 4000 (might be a 4200, I dunno) when I bought my .300 WinMag that was one of the last B&L mared scopes.

The Balvar and early B&L scopes were made by B&L in Rochester NY. In 2004, all rights to the trademarks and other goodwill were sold to Bushnell and B&L ceased to be an entity in the sports optical business. Bushnell Japan owns the whole business now.

That may be, Dan. That pre-dates my interest. I was told, when I bought mine, that B&L was Bushnell's 'premium' brand, and the corporate brass wanted the B&L name off of gun stuff.

Back