Been a long wait

hunter24605

Handloader
Apr 30, 2016
My grandson has finally made enough trips around the sun to go on a hunt. I figured hog hunting in Alabama next month would be a good way to ease him into it with plenty of action, nice weather, and enclosed box blinds. I letting him use an AR 350 legend because the stock collapses to fit him. Didn’t want to buy a youth rifle because he’s growing like a weed. I have the gas closed off at the gas block so it won’t cycle automatically, have to manually charge each round with the charging handle. with the death grip tripod he can repeatedly do 2” at 75 yards while sitting. Not bad for a 9 u/o. My youngest kid is 27, so it’s been a long time since I got to take a kid on their first and gear them up. To say I’m excited is an understatement!

Attachments

• IMG_0648.jpeg
    IMG_0648.jpeg
    617.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0622.jpeg
    IMG_0622.jpeg
    753.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0553.jpeg
    IMG_0553.jpeg
    385.5 KB · Views: 8
That is a great opportunity when you can take a grandchild hunting. You've clearly thought this through. We'll all be looking for the photo evidence you provide of a successful and joyous time afield. Does the Keurig go with you? They do make hot chocolate pods as well!

I forgot that GIANT muzzle break I put on it takes all the thump out of the 350 legend and 180 gr bullet...Got him shooting muffs in case the muzzle doesn't get all the way out the box blind window when he shoots. Its a loud sucker 🤯

The big hunt will be an awesome adventure for you and your grandson, one you both will always remember and cherish.
Looking forward to seeing some pictures of your upcoming hunt.
Good stuff Howie!

JD338

Back