Best carbon cleaner?

I've been using Witch's Brew made by Holland Gunsmithing. Boy does it work. cleans everything including carbon.

Use several with good results: Wipe-out, tetra-gun(like their oil also),shooter choice and 50/50% shooter choice/Kroil oil, A new for me that has been good is blue wonder. I get old mil surplus rifles and some of them get pretty bad with fouling. I will sometimes use more than one approach to get thru all the layers of fouling.

Many products say removes carbon and I have tried a few but nothing gets rid of compressed carbon residue better for em than brownells paste! I have cleaned with many things have clean patches then run the brownells paste down the bore only to get 3-4 black carbon patches. try it with what ever your using get it where you think it is clean, then run some of this down there and see if you see a differance?

Bore Tech Eliminator gets both carbon out and copper out. I have tried Shooter choice, Hoppies 9, Butches Boreshine, and Sweets and Eliminator worked for me the best by wide margin.

I have been a Hoppe's #9 user for 20 years but have recently switched to Butches bore shine.
I don't care for the smell but it cleans carbon and copper FAST.

I recommend Butch's Bore Shine to all new rifle owners. It is what I use to break in the new rifles. If I were confined to one product for all around cleaning, this would be the one.

Back