Best combo Elk & Deer caliber

JD338":2v089slp said:
bullet":2v089slp said:
Charlie-NY":2v089slp said:
I can't see using a 338 Anything on whitetails so I'd say the best compromise would be any of the 300 magnums - take your pick.

Yeah, I can't see a 338 anything on whitetails either that is why I will be using a 358Win. :lol:

I agree that a 338 is way more than needed for WT Deer BUT, the 338 kills deer right now.
You would have to see it to believe it. :wink:

Every deer I have shot with the 338 RUM has gone about 3 feet, straight down and never moved.

JD338

Yes I know a 338 anything will kill deer, my 338Win Mag Ruger MK II dropped them when I tried it on deer for fun. On the earlier post, I was trying to be humorous because I was going to try the 358 this year. And yes JD338, it was accuracy not speed that kills - how is that for humor??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I guess to get the real answer we'll have to ask the whitetail if he thought if was accurate enough or if he was dead enough. :oops: The AccuBond has taken a lot of the blood- shot out of using larger calibers. Of course whatever the 338 can do the 358 might do better but that's a moot point because the 375 RUM is the best. :roll: :lol:
It's fun to discuss our favorites. Thank God we live in a country where we can have toys like this to debate about.
Thank you all for the fun and lively discussion. Keep it up, we may have missed a caliber or 3.

Greg Nolan":35z1k0mo said:
I guess to get the real answer we'll have to ask the whitetail if he thought if was accurate enough or if he was dead enough. :oops: The AccuBond has taken a lot of the blood- shot out of using larger calibers. Of course whatever the 338 can do the 358 might do better but that's a moot point because the 375 RUM is the best. :roll: :lol:
It's fun to discuss our favorites. Thank God we live in a country where we can have toys like this to debate about.
Thank you all for the fun and lively discussion. Keep it up, we may have missed a caliber or 3.

Here they are 30-06, 30-06 and 30-06. I think we got it covered now. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I shot a few whitetail with a Trophy Bonder Bear Claw when I was younger. I remember them just making a hole straight through. Barely any meat damage and the deer just laying exactly where I shot it. I am actually looking forward to doing it again soon. I really like the 338 and once I get the loads worked out for the other rifles, I will start with load development for my 338. Thinking and Abond or Interbond at around 2800FPS should be a hot ticket for about anything I am going to hunt. Scotty

Back