Best Varmit rifle/Caliber out there

The good folks at Browning have allowed the Winchester name to go belly up! Maybe the super short magnums were their last gasp.

I to have been reading and hearing bad things about the 223 wssm from people who are trying to get them to shoot. Just a bunch of gun reviews giving them much more credit then they should in my opinion. Feeding is another problem. Hell I have feeding issuses with a standard .243, let alone something 1/2 the size.

I have a Sako Varminter in .222Rem. Today I'd probably buy one in .22-250 simply because it reaches out a lot further. It is pricey compared to some of the others, but it's very well made, and best of all, it's at least a pound lighter than most of the others. It's a very accurate rifle. I've reached the age where that 1 pound makes a bit of difference when lugged around woodchuck fields all day. Just one mans opinion. Best wishes.

Cal - Montreal

I like the Tikka T3 Ligth steiless. I had one in 243win , it shoot 1/2 inc groops at 100m whit home made ammo. Now i think the laminat is a better coise. Get it glasbeddet .

sm%E5vilt%20rigg.jpg

caine what kinda scope you have on that rifle??? Looks like a huge 56mm objective, may just be 50, but the thing looks huge!! Those tikka t3s are nice rifles, my dad got one in a 7 mag and shoots .5" as well at 100 yards.

Hi that is an Nightforce Bench Rest 3.5-15x56. Like you saye it`s BIG, to big actually a bit to big, it feals a bit "havy" on the topp. I nov use a zeizz conqest 4.5-14x50 on my 22-250 and think that it make a beter balace. And for me they seem brigther and give a better feald of sigt..

tikka2.jpg

Roysclock, I've loaded over 300 rounds of wssm ammo and have never had a pinched finger. Whoever said that must be all thumbs. The wssm cases are the same diameter as the wsm cases - just shorter.

POP, the 223 wssm is as bad as the 243 wssm is good in my Winchester Super Shadows. I just shot a 6 shot group with the 243 and 5 out of 6 holes were touching. I also understand that 223 WSSMs in non-Winchester rifles are shooting just fine. As someone over at wssmzone.com said - the cartridge is fine, the problem is Winchester chambering the 223 wssm.

Back