BH 209

doug jacobsen

Beginner
Dec 17, 2008
Having read the glowing reports about the "WONDER" powder Blackhorn 209 I looked at Midways price 30.00 for the powder 25.00 hazmat 10.00 shipping. 10oz of powder thats about $6.50/ounce. And thats not too bad!? GOOD GRIEF! One last thing can or should you post a black powder rifle for sale here or the classifieds? Doug

I have been lucky to find it locally. Most of the gun stores in my area are carrying it.

If you can't find it then I would try 777 FFG. Most Walmarts have it on sale now that season is over.

I buy all my powder locally so I don't have to pay the Haz Mat. 777 is a great powder, I have been using it for several years with out any problems.

JD338

doug jacobsen":ql6jfhff said:
Having read the glowing reports about the "WONDER" powder Blackhorn 209 I looked at Midways price 30.00 for the powder 25.00 hazmat 10.00 shipping. 10oz of powder thats about $6.50/ounce. And thats not too bad!? GOOD GRIEF! One last thing can or should you post a black powder rifle for sale here or the classifieds? Doug

I buy most of my powder via the internet where the prices are the lowest and the selection is the best. The HAZMAT fee doesn't amount to very much when you get 1 or 2 shooting buddies together and order 10-15 lbs. You can usually add primers for no additional shipping costs.

Buying powder locally is a hit & miss proposition and the prices are much higher. Add to that the local sales tax and you can see why buying over the internet, including HAZMAT fess, is still a better deal.

Not sure how 1oz equates to volume measure but add a bullet an a primer to 1OZ and thats about 7.00 a shot.............and some how state taxes play in to the equation? REALLY! Doug

Well I would advise you to stay well away from turkey hunting if $6.50 to $7.00 a shot is not your cup of tea.

Those guys shooting Nitro ammo are paying more then that!!! :shock: :lol:

Back