Bipods

Blkram

Handloader
Nov 25, 2013
I am thinking of getting a bipod for the Bergara 22 rifle for the PRS type shooting. Leaning towards a carbon model...rifle has dual studs at this time
Any recommendations?
Sling swivel stud vs rail installation and use?
And which type of rail? I am hearing about a longer rail type that allows for movement to accommodate various shooting structures...
Looking for stability first and foremost, and flexibility for field shooting positions second, as I may want to swap over to a hunting rifle from time to time.

I purchased CVLIFE Rifle Bipod a while back and have been very impressed with it. They offer CF or AL options. Been a Harris gut for years....bu the CVLIFE Rifle Bipods are now my go to. Vey sturdy and well built.

Thanks...checked them out (CVLIFE)...now to see if their products are available in Canada...

If you want something light the spartan is the top true lightweight. If you want something more versatile for prs I would look to the thunderbeast bipod.

Attachments

• IMG_2620.jpeg
    IMG_2620.jpeg
    324.3 KB · Views: 7
I purchased CVLIFE Rifle Bipod a while back and have been very impressed with it. They offer CF or AL options. Been a Harris gut for years....bu the CVLIFE Rifle Bipods are now my go to. Vey sturdy and well built.

I have never used any bipods. These are priced in my range, do you prefer CF or AL option? That would be for hunting. At range I use different setup

Re bipods for hunting, some years ago I bought a tall Harris bipod, maybe 24" fully extended?

That thing has been GREAT for additional stability when shooting from a sitting position. Often I find that I can't use prone, because of tall grass, logs, low brush, or other things in the way, blocking the shot. But sitting? Almost always high enough to clear those obstacles! :) I've shot most of my game animals from sitting, and often used either that tall bipod, shooting sticks or in recent years, a tripod to steady the rifle.

Guy

Back