Blaser R93 HHS (14" 375 H&H and 14" 308 Winchester) + Video

xphunter

Handloader
Sep 15, 2005
I will be getting a shorty (15") 375 H&H barrel soon...Maybe today. It has a Holland Brake
Also getting a 15" 308 Winchester barrel (No brake yet)
I am not going to say what brand and model this pistol is, until I get it in my hands...But it is beautiful!
It is not a break-open action or a falling block action...but it is rare as hen's teeth-Well, almost 😁
Need some load data for hunting bullets.
What powders do you guys like with this cartridge. I don't care that your barrels are longer
Looking at getting some 248 grain Hammer Hunters as well... Would Varget be a good powder there for the Hammer guys here?
I will be getting some brass (don't know the brand), bullets (Don't know what brand/weights), and I am getting dies...I hope it has a shell holder (I think I may have one that works since I load for a number of mag cartridges.

Sounds like a fun project.
With the lighter Hammers and shorter barrel , one might look into something a little faster than Varget. Maybe one of the 4895s or 4064s. Both of these would work in the 308 also.

375 H&H pistol? I'm getting a funny feeling in a place...
And why, for the love of all things holy, have I never considered one.

IMR 3031 might be a good option in your short barrel. This spring I’m going to rework my daughter’s 22-250 with it , 18” barrel on her Ruger is a flame thrower in the twilight.

That is a neat project. Look forward to see some pictures and some tiny groups.
For the 308, I know Varget and IMR4064 works.

That is a neat project. Look forward to see some pictures and some tiny groups.
For the 308, I know Varget and IMR4064 works.
For the 308, I have a good stash of Varget and H-4895 with 155 grain A-Max's and 168 grain A-Max's.
If I need more structure in terms of bullets for the 308, it will be some 124 grain or 137 grain Hammer Hunter's...Fast MV for the barrel length, with low recoil. I am probably going to have Darrell put a brake on it in the future.

375 H&H pistol? I'm getting a funny feeling in a place...
And why, for the love of all things holy, have I never considered one.
I don't have an answer for that question that is eating away on you.... 😇

IMR 3031 might be a good option in your short barrel. This spring I’m going to rework my daughter’s 22-250 with it , 18” barrel on her Ruger is a flame thrower in the twilight.
That is one powder, I don't have anymore...

Sounds like a fun project.
With the lighter Hammers and shorter barrel , one might look into something a little faster than Varget. Maybe one of the 4895s or 4064s. Both of these would work in the 308 also.
If I go with lighter weight Hammer's on the 308 Winchester, I do have H-4895.
I don't have 4064.
I have a bunch of 335, but guessing that is to fast. I haven't checked

I have never shot this cartridge in this light of a package before...We will see

I've had great results with Reloader 15 and the 260/270 grain bullets.

Varget and H4350 have been good as well. H4350 with the 300's is terrific.

Guy

I've had great results with Reloader 15 and the 260/270 grain bullets.

Varget and H4350 have been good as well. H4350 with the 300's is terrific.

Guy
I don't have any reloader 15.
Would Varget work good with the 250 class bullet?

In the past I have also had good luck with Win760, but that was with 300 grn bullets

Another one used in the days past for 260 grn bullets was IMR4350

Last edited:
I continually hear you guys singing the praises of the bigger bore cartridges.
Who is going to come to Gillette and kill prairie dogs with it???
Hell yes! I've shot prairie poodles with my .375. I'm retired I'll drive to Gillette to shoot pdogs. Don't recall my favored 375 load, I think it's the same as Guys load. Catherine and I are quarantining in Arizona for another 10 days or so, if you're still looking for data I'll check my log book.
Looking forward to your pics of the hand cannon.

I will be getting a shorty (15") 375 H&H barrel soon...Maybe today. It has a Holland Brake
Also getting a 15" 308 Winchester barrel (No brake yet)
I am not going to say what brand and model this pistol is, until I get it in my hands...But it is beautiful!
It is not a break-open action or a falling block action...but it is rare as hen's teeth-Well, almost 😁
Need some load data for hunting bullets.
What powders do you guys like with this cartridge. I don't care that your barrels are longer
Looking at getting some 248 grain Hammer Hunters as well... Would Varget be a good powder there for the Hammer guys here?
I will be getting some brass (don't know the brand), bullets (Don't know what brand/weights), and I am getting dies...I hope it has a shell holder (I think I may have one that works since I load for a number of mag cartridges.
Sounds almost like my Competitor Arms Pistol. Over 300 calibers were offered. Muzzle brakes were optional and in your case absolutely needed. I have a muzzle brake for my 30.06 barrel and it works beautifully.

Back