Blasphemous 45-70

Mortis":10cu1hyf said:
Scotty.....let me toss something at ya....

My Marlin 336 in 35 Remington has a Williams Firesight up front with a Williams Ghost Ring on the rear.

My Bud in Texas is shooting a Marlin 1985 with Ballard Rifling and is also using a Williams Ghost Ring.

Mine is set for 75 years point of aim due to the thick brush around this area. His is set at 150 yards using 405 hard cast and a bit faster then yours.

He's retired SF and I retired before all thoe battery operated gizmos were available. So it makes sense for our purposes. Plus battereis not required.

But question is......... do you really need a scope at the ranges of a 45-70??? Inquiring mind just asking a question.

I don't really "need" one, but I like the ability to pick a shot lane through the woods. The rifle has XS sights on it is also, that shoot just fine, but I prefer optics. I have been using a Red Dot for so long on my carry rifle I am pretty decent with it. A lower profile dot would be cool as well. I think Zeiss makes a nice one as well. I do like the scopes ability to see a little better in the evening..

Nice shooting as usual Scotty and whatever it hits will know it :shock: Have not been to the range in almost a month, going through withdrawals.

Scotty....

Valid points thru and thru.....

BTW......nice shooting..... (should have said that earlier)

Mortis":10jx718j said:
Scotty....

Valid points thru and thru.....

BTW......nice shooting..... (should have said that earlier)

Thanks Mortis. It is the gun,not me. That rifle shoots much more accurate than you could ever hope for in a lever rifle.

Back