Brooks Falls, Brown Bear

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
Wasn't sure where to put this. There's a live camera at Brooks Falls, Katmai National Park, Alaska.

Perhaps one of the best feeding troughs for bears... I was there in 1979 on a backpacking trip. It doesn't seem to have changed much except for more tourists and a live feed camera. The salmon still come. The bears still catch some. Life...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcWTPFn ... YqU7u6Faks

Guy

Pretty cool to see.
Thanks for posting the link Guy.

JD338

They sure do some feasting there for sure! IT would be neat to see it in person like you did. I bet you wish you had your fancy damn camera back then!! I'd love to see you pictures. You better go back Guy.

6mm Remington":uu3yshld said:
They sure do some feasting there for sure! IT would be neat to see it in person like you did. I bet you wish you had your fancy damn camera back then!! I'd love to see you pictures. You better go back Guy.

Joey Klutsch, the guide who was with me on the grizzly hunt, also takes people by boat up to watch the bears at Brooks Falls. I'd like to do that with him someday, do some salmon fishing and go back up to the falls to see the bears reasonably close again.

Not too close. Telephoto lens close. :grin:

Guy

The park has been closed for two weeks as park personnel came down with COVID. Young parks nurse met a young fishing guide, who also knew a couple more girls working at the park, you know the rest of the story. Park had five cases pop up and closed down. Park is re-opening today. Should be good bear viewing and excellent fishing.

Actually up at Brooks today, lots of Bears,
5c4e9b6fcf8230b271e60c9dd8c0ac99.jpg

park rangers are a PIA. Nothing like an 18 year old summer intern with some power.
8d145208eeebcd6c1912c5d14f294302.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is great! Sunday morning and the wife and I spent some fun together time watching. Probably leave it on all day - I may not be able to see Alaska from by living room window, but this way I can see it on my tv.

One of the guides is up there today with a couple of folks, it’s fishing well but you have to be careful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back