BSA or Super Sniper

corbin9191

Handloader
Dec 2, 2007
My friend is looking at a new scope and found a BSA scope online and he is wondering if that brand of scope is any good. The gun he will be putting it on will be a 270 win.He is also looking at the Tasco super sniper ( the ones that they say are just as good or better that the Leupold MK4). Here is the link if anyone wants to see it http://www.swfa.com/c-231-super-sniper- ... copes.aspx Thanks

I don't know anything about BSA scopes, but I've had few Tascos. IMO Tascos are junk, I will never buy another Tasco nor would I ever dare to compare a Tasco to any Leupold, Zeiss, Swarovski.

I'll add Bushnell Elites to your list, POP. If you're looking for a durable tactical fixed power, they make a 10x tactical in the 3200 line of scopes, and it is well rated by some folks who probably know more than me. See the review here:

http://www.snipercentral.com/bushtact.htm

Overall, there's some great info on Mel's pages, but then again, I'm not former military, so maybe he's full of it. Doesn't seem like it, though. He gives pretty straight forward reviews of tactical rifles and doesn't quote unrealistic accuracy figures like most gun rags.

The "Super Sniper" is an amazingly good scope for the money. Believe however that it is still offered only in fixed powers: 10, 16 or 20x. Very good for competition, and likely useful for varmint shooting or long-range hunting, but I'd hate to be saddled with a fixed 10x for general purpose big game hunting...

Still - for $300 it is one heck of a scope. I've used one, and have seen some seriously good shooting done with one.

Regards, Guy

worst scope i ever had was simmons wht junk,,, as far as tasco goes i have 3 world class ones that have been used and used never one problem with them in 20 some yrs, favorite is shepherd though i have 4 of them and some day all my rifles will wear one

LOL, I put an "Optex"4X on a 300 wby because it was sitting on my work bench and took it to the range. I thought I'd get maybe a hundred rounds out of it, instead of waiting a month or two to get a decent scope. It started walking down 2 inches on round#15. it moved laterally 3 inches on the next round and then up 4 on #17. This was out of a lead sled, with a MOA load, so that scope is not in use.

JT.

Back