Bullet/case display?

wisconsinteacher

Handloader
Dec 2, 2010
I would like to make a simple display on the shelf in the basement showing off the rounds I reload for. Here is my question, would you load a bullet into an unfilled case for every rifle/bullet combo or would you have an empty piece of brass with the different bullets used sitting in front of the case? My thought with the bullet not in the brass is so I can put all the different bullets used in the same caliber. So in front of a 30-06 case, I would have a 165 Partition and a 180 AccuBond and the 7mmRM would have a 150 CTBT and a 150 Partition instead of having 2 different dud rounds.

You could do it either way.
My shell collection is live ammo so that is what I would do, along with the bullets used for each cartridge.

JD338

Mine is live reloads also. However, I do not have but a small sampling of all the cartridges that I have owned in the past 52 years.

I've thought a couple of times about making some kind of nice looking display i could hang on the wall for all to enjoy. Not every doggone cartridge, just some interesting ones.

I've got some old .50-70 cartridges that look pretty cool and others...

Maybe just a framed cork board with fine copper wire to hold the cartridges on?

Guy

I have a row of empty cases and nobody seems to realize what they stand for. People are always asking how many rifles I own but I never admit how many. But a quick count of the cases on the bookshelf would tell most of the story.
I just let mine set on the bookshelf loose so I can fit in any new ones when they come along!

Thomas

264 Win Mag":2wz0j31x said:
I have a row of empty cases and nobody seems to realize what they stand for. People are always asking how many rifles I own but I never admit how many. But a quick count of the cases on the bookshelf would tell most of the story.
I just let mine set on the bookshelf loose so I can fit in any new ones when they come along!

Thomas

Yeah, with a constant exchange, it can be hard to keep up with what is what. :grin:

Back