Bullet I'D anyone????

35 Whelen

Handloader
Dec 22, 2011
Midway has these on special cheap, but I am not sure who's Blems these are.
Anyone know the manufacture?? BC?
Their Discribtion
154 Grain (for .284) Polymer tiped Boattail?? Anyone? Bullet guys?768638.jpg

Do you think it would get the job done on one like
This Olde boy?IMAGE00060.jpg

Lol, Well they came in today and Lefty was right, they are SSTs and actually do NOT have that grey tip as pictured in the ad. They are the standard red! Great buy on these.
Great deer bullet and decent LR with its.525 BC! (y)

Careful with these. I used this bullet in the .280 rem, and found them a bit frangible for my taste on large whitetail. Ours get very big in Northern MN, and shots were at closer range. On lighter deer or longer ranges, may be perfect for you. I prefer my backstrap without jacket fragments on a lung hit. YRMV. Very accurate though, at that price I might pick up some for dinging steel.

Thanks for the heads up, on how huge the big Whitetail are in N Minnesota! As I am a student of big whitetails.
I have one out on my Coyote bait pile, right now, that got hit last Friday nite by a logging truck, that took two of us; had all we could do; to get it into the body of a pickup truck.
......... With the guts still in it of course; Before we took it out to the baitpile we weighed it just for fun...... How's 353 lbs sound??? Would that make the " big list" out there, or still not cut the mustard? Around here most locals don't get to excited about a buck tell they weigh over 230lbs field dressed. 250/275 lbs you grab a six pack and drive over to look it over and see what it's got for horns.... :lol:
Anyway I also appreciate your caution: on SST bullets...... :? although our Experience has shown them to perform fine here in Maine, as well as New Brunswick, Quebec, Kenora Ontario( not far from Northern Minn???)Montana, Kansas.
The SST has performed pretty much simalar, to our experences with the Nosler BT ,which we used for many,many years.. We recommend Superformance ammo with SST bullets to all our customers hunting anything under 350 lbs.......
And for these " little fellas" we get around here...... The Hornady bullets have been working just great here for years, we don't need bonded bullets, or them to come in fancy boxes of "only fifty",to get bragging rights in these woods. (y) A Hornady SST bullet ;will flatten any buck walking in the State of Maine, or anywhere else we hunt.
This is a great movie of the exact results we are getting:
https://youtu.be/_TABo_kX-9Y

Attachments

• IMAGE00066.jpg
    IMAGE00066.jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 558
Deer don't take much killing. Shots in the slats will usually put them down pretty quick.

353 is a danged brute.

Scotty,
He was an old bruiser, had just lost his antlers a few days before he got hit. One of my neighbors found one side.....
27" beam length, 6 5/8" bases, 8 1/2" brow tines 11 1/2." G2 ; 13" G3 ; 9" G4 ; 3 3/4" G5... :shock:
Probably wouldn't get a second
Glance in most places; but around here we called him a " Dandy" I am guessing Midwest Whitetail Adventures would get $8-10,000 for one just like him.

Back