Bullet weight

metallica

Beginner
Nov 17, 2006
I just started to reload some AccuBond today and put a couple of them on the scale and found that they varried any where from 180.1 to 179.7 Should I be sorting them so there all the same weight??

Also Does anyone know if there is a difference in the IMR powder in the metal cans vs the plastic containers??

Not unless you're shooting at 1k.... :wink:

For hunting purposes they are more than accurate enough.

Thats only .4g difference. Thats pretty dang good. I wouldn't worry about it. Try doing that with some Hornday bullets or somethign oneday and you'll be in the 1 or 2 grains difference. Just goes to show that noslers quality control is top notch.

Well thats good, I went through a 100 bullets and only 0ne was 180.1 and only three were 179.7 the rest were all 180-179.8

And the powder?? same sh%@ different pile (container)?? And im not sure if this has been brought up at all...... does powder get old??

The powders should be the same between the can and bottle. I do know that they have different bar codes/ UPC numbers. Other than that they should be the same.

I agree with the other guys. Those bullet weights are pretty close and are not going to cause you any problems. The Nosler staff is pretty good about their quality control, for sure!

In regard to the powder, since Hodgdon bought the IMR powder line they are packaging it in the plastic jugs instead of the old familiar flat metal cans that IMR used. Same product as far as I know.

thanks guys. I just thought that a .5grn difference in powder charge makes a big difference why shouldnt a .5grn difference in bullet weight not be the same.... But good to know that I can reload all these up and not worry about it.

I did not know that Hodgdon bought IMR. That explains the bottles being the same.

Corey

C.Smith":1khv0yxb said:
I did not know that Hodgdon bought IMR. That explains the bottles being the same.

Corey
A 0.5gr bullet wt diff. doesn't effect your pressures but a 0.5gr powder charge could, especially in small cap. carts.

Back