Burris Fullfield II

ShadeTree

Handloader
Mar 6, 2017
3-9 x 40 with ballistic plex. Yay? Nay? Can get one on Optics Planet for $143 with a discount code. Free shipping. I don't buy on Amazon, but I looked at it on there as they have better pictures. Like the look of it, but don't know about the scope quality itself without just trying one. I remember somebody on here commenting about them in the last week or so, but don't recall who it was.

3-9 x 40 with ballistic plex. Yay? Nay? Can get one on Optics Planet for $143 with a discount code. Free shipping. I don't buy on Amazon, but I looked at it on there as they have better pictures. Like the look of it, but don't know about the scope quality itself without just trying one. I remember somebody on here commenting about them in the last week or so, but don't recall who it was.
I have one on a 22 mag, but honestly I've only shot it maybe 20 times, but it seems to be a good scope. I got it because if you search around the forums, anytime somebody asks for scope recommendations under $200, it always has a bunch of folks recommending it. It has a strong following of users.

I have one on a 22 mag, but honestly I've only shot it maybe 20 times, but it seems to be a good scope. I got it because if you search around the forums, anytime somebody asks for scope recommendations under $200, it always has a bunch of folks recommending it. It has a strong following of users.

That's kind of what I gathered so far just looking. Seems to have about all positive reviews on any site I've looked at it on. Without trying it I can't say it's better/worse than other scopes in that price range, but all things being equal, it's slicker looking than some scopes. Guess I'll just have to make a decision and go for it.

I think for the money it's a solid choice, I say go for it and let us know what you think. One thing we're good at around here is helping folks grease the hinges on their wallets...;)

IMO, one of the best buys in the scope world. When anyone new to Montana asks me what they should equip themselves with as a new hunter, I tell them to get a Tikka T3 in 270 Win, and put a Burris FFII w/ Ballistic Plex on top in Talley Lightweight rings. One and done for life.

IMO, one of the best buys in the scope world. When anyone new to Montana asks me what they should equip themselves with as a new hunter, I tell them to get a Tikka T3 in 270 Win, and put a Burris FFII w/ Ballistic Plex on top in Talley Lightweight rings. One and done for life.

Good endorsement. I don't see anything pointing me away from it, guess I'll get it. Seems to me I recall somebody on here saying in not exact words, but along the lines of that it's the new Nikon Pro staff. One of the better buys around when they were making them.

I think for the money it's a solid choice, I say go for it and let us know what you think. One thing we're good at around here is helping folks grease the hinges on their wallets...;)
Yep I'm aware! :D

I shot $45 Tasco's most of my life.........although there was a time Tasco's were better than they are now. Anyways even $150-$200 scopes is a step up from what I used to use. I'm slowly getting away from the dirt cheap stuff and am mostly now using Leupold's and Nikon's.

I have rhe burris rimfire, might be the droptine line, on 3 22s and haven't had an issue, also have a 4-14 (maybe) fullfield E3 that has worked fine for many years can start to see a few specks on the inside of the lenses now but doesn't effect it.

I had one on my .222 before I sold it, there is one on my .270 and my wife had one on her 7mm-08 before we upgraded to a Leupold. Great scope for the money!

look at Natchez before buying it seems to me they had a sale on Burris and free shipping on orders over $99 .

nope , I found the Email . scope was $160 , 10% discount for orders over $100 , it expired last night at midnight .

code P230208

Last edited:
I too have one. I currently use it on a T3x 7mmRM. I think I have had it three or four years. It is somewhat light, holds zero weekend after weekend (load development), the reticle isn't cluttered (I don't see the lower hash marks unless I mentally go looking for them), and I really like the beveled caps (why I won't buy a Freedom). The glass is adequate for my eyes and I can see +/- 30 minutes to daylight well enough. I have always thought these as the replacement standard for the Nikon Prostaff.

This is the 3rd or 4th one I have had; and I have used these through the years in helping my friends diagnose problems with their rifle's groupings. I also seem to use this scope in all load development (mine and for friends) before settling on a scope for that particular rifle. This one I left on the Tikka b/c it was just a perfect match.

B

**EDIT** I have also found that their ballistics drop tool (https://www.burrisoptics.com/ballistics) to be spot on with my loads.

Last edited:
look at Natchez before buying it seems to me they had a sale on Burris and free shipping on orders over $99 .

nope , I found the Email . scope was $160 , 10% discount for orders over $100 , it expired last night at midnight .

code P230208

I ended up getting a new one on Ebay for $137.50 and free shipping. There were 2 other vendors cheaper that also had free shipping, 1 at $135 and 1 at $132.50, but both had a score of zero, and I didn't trust it. Not a lot cheaper than optics planet, but I didn't have to provide my cell number to receive promotional texts to get the deal.

I've got one of the older ones when still made in USA and it has fallen over, dropped from a tree stand and been used on a few different rifles and it is one of the best scopes I have. I also have a 3x9 drop tine on a 22lr, 2 Fast Fire red dots and had a 4.5x14x42 that stayed on my 7mmRM when i sold it. I like Burris and wouldn't hesitate to buy again. Dan.

I have three. They're mounted on a .270 Win., 30-06 and a .35 Whelen that eats Luepolds for breakfast. I had two Loopies turn toes up while at the range and number three died on a hunt. The hunt was strange. Took a shot at a cow elk that was ranged to be 350 yards out. Held for a lung shot, the elk went down and no reticle in the scope after the shot. When we got to the elk, no holes in the chest but the 225 gr. TSX had hit the elk at the neck just below the head. I didn't tell my partners where I was holding for a while. Finally one asks if that was where I was aiming? Finally fessed up after a while as I knew I'd never make another shot like that in ten lifetimes.
So to answer OP's question? Yes, I'd buy another Burris Fullfield II in a heartbeat. BTW. Gunwriter John Barsness likes them too.
Paul B.

Definitely a good scope. I have had one on my 243 for many years. It even copped a ding when I dropped my rifle and no issues. Good clear glass that is better than some higher priced units. I wish I could buy them for that price down here (~$300 if memory serves) as I'd happily buy another.

I bought one on Amazon this past Black Friday for $81.75!

Yeah I'm gonna hold off on another one. They're running $155-$160 now it seems but there will be a sale to run across sooner or later. If not I'd rather pay the extra $20 when I need one.

Far as Amazon, personally I don't shop there anymore. Way back after the election but before the inauguration when Trump was still the sitting President, Trump was kicked off of Twitter so Parlor started up and he joined that to have a voice. Amazon owned the server Parlor was on and shut it down so Trump didn't have a voice. My wife called in to cancel our Amazon card which we had for a long time. The guy asked why we were cancelling and my wife told him you banned us, now I'm banning you.

Back