BURRIS help identify

chet

Handloader
Mar 10, 2006
I just picked up another M70 last night. A 308 pushfeed model - nice shape.... anyway,
it has a Burris Fullfield scope (not fullfield II) 3 1/2 X 10 (yes it says 3 1/2, not 3.5)
It has a 50mm Objective lens.

I'm curious as to the value of the scope, and its overall quality. I've never owned any other burris. It seems quite nice!

Oh, and the reticle is a very fine duplex, with a circle in the middle where the hairs meet. I'm guessing this circle is 1 moa.

Any thoughts? opinions?

I bought the gun for $350, and paid him another $50 to leave the scope on. A fair deal for me I'm sure, but if this scope is somehow worth hundreds, then I'll need to take it back to him or offer him more cash as he is a family friend.

thanks!

Chet,

Sounds like an original fullfield series. Is it a very nice hi gloss? I have had a one of the early models of the full field, great scope, not cheesy feeling (to me) like they are today, great glass. etc. Back when new they did not go for much more than 150-200.

Sounds like you want to set things right with your friend. It does sound like it is a really nice rig its on to. From my perusing in the used racks, that rig would prob have a tag of 500-550 on it. Whether the scope is on it or not.

But used scopes are a different bailiwik. Typically as a stand alone sale, you dont see em on used racks, but on internet sales you will and those prices can be outrageous to a great deal.

Considering the orig price and the deal you got. I wouldnt have a prob offering the person an additional 50$ out of wanting to do the right thing... Just me..

Rod

I agree it does sound like the original fullfield . Does it have the posi lock?

Chet,

I am pretty sure you have the original Burris Fullfield scope, a pretty good piece of glass.

JD338

very nice high gloss indeed! a beautiful piece.

no posi lock.

the gun was built anywhere from 1981 to 1994, I was hoping the scope could possibly date it more accuratly. But I believe the scope was made throughout that time period.... oh well :grin:

this action will likely end up with a 27" #5 fluted stainless 243 AI...... IN MY DREAMS!!!!
maybe if the money tree sprouts some cashola this spring :lol:

Back