Bushing Dies vs Regular FL Resizing Die?

BearClan

Beginner
Mar 3, 2009
I am interested in making the most accurate loads possible for my gun - .300 WSM (I guess that is true of everbody on this site). I wanted to get opinions from those who have experience using both regular and bushing-type dies - do bushing type dies improve the accuracy potential of one's loaded rounds. What would you recommend?

BTW, I just purchased a neck-turner (from my understanding this is a requirement for using a bushing type die - i.e., uniform neck thickness).

If you are shooting a factory rifle the case prep may not make a noticeable diference. Won't hurt but may not help. I use Redding bushing dies for neck sizing. Check your concentricity of loaded rounds. Your die set-up can make a difference and some minor die adjustment may be more beneficial to good groups.Rick.

BearClan,

For accurate loads in sporting rifles as opposed to say bench rest guns I prefer to FL size as I have so many guns so I want each one to be ready to function.

Sometimes a neck sized round may not work as smooth due to an out of round chamber, whatever.

For the extreme case such as your 300 WSM that you want to max out accuracy wise I suggest the RCBS FL bushing die. Thats what I have been getting as of late.

https://shop.rcbs.com/WebConnect/Ma...nlabel=index&productId=1125&route=C09J165N022

Back