Bushnell Elite 6500 4.5-30X50 Scope ???

FOTIS

Range Officer
Staff member
Oct 30, 2004
Any input? I have never heard of these. I was amazed at the power range.

4.5 to 30 times? Wow!!!!!!

Never used any of the Bushnell Elites, but they are supposed to be great scopes. What are you looking at putting one on? Scotty

I have never seen one but the Bushnell Elites are a decent scope from what I have heard.
The power range is impressive. With 30x you could hunt the next zip code. :lol:

JD338

The 6500 is some seriously clear glass. I've shot several now, but the 30 power is new to me. I have not seen them yet.

I am not sure. My only concern is the tracking.

Yeah, that seems to be where good scopes are separated by great scopes. Scotty

I agree Scott. Clarity, strength, fog proof waterproof etc is OK but she don't track worth a darn...........

I picked one up a few months back off of ebay for a little over $500, which I thought was a good deal. The glass is pretty good i would say it's a little better than the 3-9X50 zeiss conquest that I have. I have it on a 300 RUM which I haven't had a chance to shoot too much but the tracking has been right on so far. The scope has the DOA recticle in it which is too thick for my liking but it will do. Overall it's a nice solid scope that has a wide magnification range with good glass that I'm happy with.

I'm just now looking at the 2.5-16 version for a comming elk hunt. That's why I'm checking optics on the forum. I do have two of the 6-24x40 4200s P model (short and light) mil dot and they are awsome in size clarity and function. That's why I'm looking at the 6500s

Please report on the tracking at longer ranges....

Just a little update on the scope, I was out this weekend trying to finalize a load for my 300 RUM, and went to dial up my elevation 1" to get my group where I wanted it, next shot goes 3" high and then the next 2 shots are right where they should be. I thought to myself I couldn't have pulled the shot, then thinking back a few weeks ago it did the same thing but it was an adjustment to the right. I normally tap the butt stock a couple times after my adjustments just to help settle the scope ( habit picked up from my father). It doesn't always do this but it's happened twice that I can remember, it will be going back to bushnell here shortly.

Hopefully this is not a constant issue.

Tracking is truning your turrets to change windage or elevation for distance or wind and then it's always nice if tracked back they will retunr to zero.

You can check any scope for tracking by using the box method.

Fire 3 shots----> adjust 20 clicks right -----> 20 clicks down -----> 20 clicks left -----> 20 clicks up-----> should come back to original 3 shot group and you just "drew" 4 corners of a box.

Provided :

1. The scope tracks well
2. The rifle is accurate enough.

BK":2hzn9klu said:
3. Your concentration doesn't desert you! :)

You think?

Who sleeps at night?

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Back