CA "No Lead" ML bullets needed!!!!

Richracer1

Handloader
May 12, 2005
Nosler. those of us that shoot muzzleloaders in CA need something to shoot. Please help us 45 and 50 cal ML owners out.

Barnes is already producing the answer to the CA dilemma. Their all copper bullets are reportedly very accurate. Expensive but accurate and the poor old condors apparently don't like swallowing the thick chunks of copper!

I already have some Barnes for my 45 cal ML, but I would like to see some other manufacturers (Nosler) in this category. I have Barnes for my 270WSM, but since the some 270 E-tips have been made availabe, I developed a load for them instead.

RR,

Are you shooting sabots? If so, I see a lot of choices in the market.

I usually shoot conicals in my ULA or White rifles, and that is problematic. Lead slugs up at pretty low pressure levels, while Ty at Barnes told me their testing showed 40,000 psi was needed to force copper to slug up to seal the bore.

jim

I think you all missed my point, which was to show Nosler there's a need for "Lead Free" bullets to use in modern muzzleloaders. As for other makers, I think Remington has a "lead free" saboted bullet out, but I could be wrong.

Richracer1":2q72xeed said:
I think you all missed my point, which was to show Nosler there's a need for "Lead Free" bullets to use in modern muzzleloaders. As for other makers, I think Remington has a "lead free" saboted bullet out, but I could be wrong.

Do you want them to build saboted bullets or conicals?

jim

Both.

I know a few states prohibit saboted bullets - Colorado and Idaho are two of them.

Back