Caliper

ronc80

Beginner
Dec 29, 2018
What is everyone's go to digital caliper that you will get a little change back from a crisp $100. Just been doing a little looking and there is quit a few out there.
Holding zero and as accurate as possible for lees than $100. Is it possible?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I can't help with digital calipers. Personally, I prefer dial calipers. I think you can get a Brown and Sharp or a Starrett dial caliper for just about $100. When I owned a machine shop decades ago we used Brown and Sharp. But, I can't remember what we paid for them then. Since we bought other B&S tooling, and as owners, we always got "special deals" from the B&S reps. on the dial calipers. I still use one from those days. Dan

I think this is the one I have .it's in the garage right now , I can check the number if you're interested . I've read on these forums there are counterfeits out there . I think I paid around $125 . mine works as it should and it's easy on batteries . I get a couple years out of a battery . I have an older starrett that does not have an on / off button , it shuts off after so long of not being used . the battery life is very short . I've had a couple Frankford arsenal calipers , the life span wasn't to long on them .

https://www.globaltestsupply.com/produc ... oyo%20(USA)%20(PS)%20(B)&utm_term=4581183926195052&utm_content=MITUTOYO%20-%20INSTRUMENTS

Went $11 over my $100 budget but I think it was worth it. That was with shipping
Thanks Jim
More of what it is just in case someone else wants one

bf58abf29fd68aa285ff89082c83094e.jpg

f4c6501c160cea8fffe33957fd63d014.jpg

Ive got a pair of Lyman stainless steel dial calipers that Ive had for over 30 years. I know they are better out there but these have been all Ive needed.

yes , that is the one I have .

Ron , just a heads up . I forget what happens to this caliper , maybe DR.vette has had it happen to him . mine worked fine right out of the box . one time I changed the battery it did it , I had to push the "origin" button then all was fine . I can't remember what it does though , no display , or a weird reading , sorry I can't remember . it's a simple push of the button fix .

jimbires":5lai4wzl said:
yes , that is the one I have .

Ron , just a heads up . I forget what happens to this caliper , maybe DR.vette has had it happen to him . mine worked fine right out of the box . one time I changed the battery it did it , I had to push the "origin" button then all was fine . I can't remember what it does though , no display , or a weird reading , sorry I can't remember . it's a simple push of the button fix .
Cool thanks for the heads up

I've got 6 of them. Each has a bullet comparator on the blade all the time. So I'm also in the under $100 group. I think my last few were "Hornady".

Back