The short list:
.22lr
.223 Remington
.270WSM
.357 Magnum

longer list:
.243 Win
.17HMR
and the .338 Federal I bought for my son is really starting to pique my interest.
9mm

How many can we pick?

300wsm for me. Really any 30 cal non-30-30. 30 cal is just the greatest all around do everything IMO.

12 GA
45 acp
357 sig
22 LR
17HMR
223 (basically because of the AR platform)

Please know that I could redo this list in 24 hrs and they might all change except the 300wsm.
I love so many different calibers.

.22 LR, .260 Rem, 30/06, 45/70 are mine.

I love my .358 Win but I think the above 4 would cover just about everything.

I was being cynical, cupidity is the antithesis of lucidity, or being blinded by love and not practicality and reason! Sorry for injecting some levity.

Oldtrader3":1v55g61h said:
I was being cynical, cupidity is the antithesis of lucidity, or being blinded by love and not practicality and reason! Sorry for injecting some levity.

Nah, the levity is fine, just don't send me scrambling for dictionary.com! :)

BK":3hsh0g2s said:
Oldtrader3":3hsh0g2s said:

Nah, the levity is fine, just don't send me scrambling for dictionary.com! :)

Yeah, I am lost. I don't have enough bandwidth to keep up!

BK":1bncoe0o said:
Traded a perfectly good 700 for a Winchester?

I've come to the conclusion that this is the evolution of hunting.... eventual you trade your precision killing equipment for something more challenging and less accurate. Like going from a compound to a recurve/longbow.... it's more "sporting" to use antiquated equipment. Those shooting Winchesters should be saluted for their commitment to handicapping themselves for the sake of "sportsmanship".

Those shooting Winchesters should be saluted for their commitment to handicapping themselves for the sake of "sportsmanship".

And they seem almost inevitably to excel in accuracy, just as they excel in their appreciate of fine firearms. :mrgreen:

If I could have only one gun it would be the S&W U.S. Army Model 1917 in .45 ACP which was my dad's -- that gun will be mine as long as possible.

If I could have only one additional gun it would be the first centerfire rifle I bought, a Voere Shikar in .270 Win -- that rifle would do for any hunting I would ever feel like I "had" to do.

If I could have a third gun it would be the Remington Model 1100, 16 gauge which was also my dad's -- that gun, and the .270, would do for any hunting I ever care to do.

If I could have a fourth gun it would be the gun I hunt with the most, a Ruger .44 Carbine -- that's a nice little gun for most of the hunting which I do.

DrMike":102kiq8p said:
Those shooting Winchesters should be saluted for their commitment to handicapping themselves for the sake of "sportsmanship".

And they seem almost inevitably to excel in accuracy, just as they excel in their appreciate of fine firearms. :mrgreen:

So.... Never underestimate the power of the Handicapped?

30-06 & 257 (Roberts or AI)

If you asked what firearms I've always wanted but not gotten around to I'd say model 70; which one do I have no interest in whatsoever, no matter how accurate, it'd be the Remington 700.

Different thread I know...

Back