Christmas rifle

Brian, it is just an old school remington trigger that my smith worked on. I kept it for a spare and used it when my jewell broke "my fault overpressured load, pierced primer, broken trigger." Hope it serves you well. Ps if your going to ramp up the loads in your 6 use the cci primer, the federal gold medals will fail long before the cci does, lesson learned the hard way resulting in a DNF.

Not to hijack the thread, but I really like how the rig came out. The more I keep looking at it, the more I think I may just build something very similar based on a CRF action.

Jeff,

Thanks! I will hit you up in the next day or so.

AJ,

Not a problem. Sent you a PM .

Very nice Brian! Holly is a lucky woman. :)

JD338

Scott did a great job on finishing it up the way it looks from here. I sure hope it was close to what you were hoping one would look like if you were building it yourself. Looking forward to seeing how it shoots once you get the base and rings on it.

Yeah, I remember the Doc said he had to buy his wife furniture or carpeting or something when he got a new rifle...

New carpet for my 7 RM and new dining room suite for the 300WSM. After that, I just gave her her own credit card and said "Get what you want."

Brain that is a spectacular rifle! We need to see some groups shot with it. What the heck is the hold-up??? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: No optics quite yet I see!! I bet you lovingly hold it and caress it every single day don't you!

A few pics of the 6x47 and targets.

With the Zeiss 4.5-14 and Wicked Light ready for some yotes.

100 yard test loads

Six shots at 100.

3 shots at 300 on steel.

BRI

Looking good buddy!
She is a shooter for sure. Hope you can put the smack on a yote soon.

JD338

Those groups look awesome Brian! Hope you get to roll one soon.
Is the Wicked Light a flashlight or a green laser/illuminator?
Scott

Oh, yeah, the coyotes had better slink a little lower than usual if they want to continue breathing. Fine shooting, Brian.

Thanks guys!

muleman":36f0krkz said:
Those groups look awesome Brian! Hope you get to roll one soon.
Is the Wicked Light a flashlight or a green laser/illuminator?
Scott

It's a green LED flashlight that's REALLY bright. 200 yards not a problem and maybe even 300 on yotes. Comes as a kit with pressure switch, 30mm ring, 1" adaptor, and rechargeable batteries.

I think that rig likes some H4350 :mrgreen: sweet looking rig and wow is all I can say ! I guess I need to go to Jarrod's again :roll:

Brian that rigs is a beauty & looks like it is built for business. You have a load that is going to be lethal. Looking forward to your first hunt? With photos I hope.

Blessings,
Dan

Pics of the first hunt with the 6x47. Thought I had posted them but, somehow forgot back in January. Got a nice fat doe at 161 yards with the 105 Amax. Complete pass through behind the shoulder. The deer went 40-50 yards and piled up.

Pic from my climbing stand

Back