Cleaning Brass today.

Scotty,
This method is NOT recomended unless you
Have a welding helmet to view them after they are
Cleaned !!!! Sunglasses are NOT enough protection!

35 Whelen":1f4yuvlo said:
Scotty,

Man, I can see this is going to got me a buck or two already.. I like clean brass.

SJB358":2ghk5pso said:
35 Whelen":2ghk5pso said:
Scotty,

Man, I can see this is going to got me a buck or two already.. I like clean brass.

Shiny brass shoots higher velocity at lower pressure with greater accuracy. I'm sure of it ... :)

rodell":21ekil4s said:
SJB358":21ekil4s said:
35 Whelen":21ekil4s said:
Scotty,

Shiny brass shoots higher velocity at lower pressure with greater accuracy. I'm sure of it ... :)

Nah. But it makes my heart feel so joyous to know that it is shiny! (y)

rodell":1qqyybwo said:
SJB358":1qqyybwo said:
35 Whelen":1qqyybwo said:
Scotty,

I am going with you.... It has to be faster. I think I might pick up a .5 MPG when my trucks clean... Has to work for the rifles too, right? :lol:

SJB358":jw3w8vjb said:
rodell":jw3w8vjb said:
SJB358":jw3w8vjb said:
35 Whelen":jw3w8vjb said:
Scotty,

I am going with you.... It has to be faster. I think I might pick up a .5 MPG when my trucks clean... Has to work for the rifles too, right? :lol:

Again, it only chambers faster. You have to polish the bullets in order to get them to give you higher velocity. Polished bullets will give at least 2 fps greater velocity when approaching 3000 fps. Now, that is really humping! :mrgreen:

DrMike":3hg9fde6 said:
SJB358":3hg9fde6 said:

Again, it only chambers faster. You have to polish the bullets in order to get them to give you higher velocity. Polished bullets will give at least 2 fps greater velocity when approaching 3000 fps. Now, that is really humping! :mrgreen:

That's only part of the story. The brass gets clean on the INSIDE, too, so the powder can rush to the bullet that much faster. In my case, that's made even faster by the venturi shoulder on the Weatherby case!

Back