Colorado 2015 Elk Hunt

DON

Handloader
Dec 3, 2013
I'm leaving this week, heading to Colorado to hunt the 1st rifle Elk Season. I have a Bull License, hoping to fill it. Haven't shot an Elk in 14-years now. I think I'm due :shock: :roll:

Anyway, finalized the 300 RUM today anxious to have a Bull tangle with the 200 AB smoking along at 3100 fps :mrgreen:

Don

Good luck Don.
I hope you can smack a nice bull with a 200 gr AB.

JD338

We're all pulling for you, Don. Best wishes for a successful hunt. You certainly have some serious firepower to tag out when the opportunity presents itself.

Thanks guys,
Camping near a Lake, getting there early. I will be fishing for Trout, hoping to put some in the pan, before the opener. 8) Haven't hunted this area in 10-years as we were very successful in the past. Some of our party that resides there have been back in scouting the past week or so. The report came back good. So the hopes are high on success. :wink:

Will report back later after the hunt.

Don

Good luck Don, it is nice to have a little local know how (y) . We hope that you post a good story or two along some nice photographs!!
Remember have Fun, Shoot straight & most of all be Safe!

Blessings,
Dan

Well I just returned home from the hunt. Sad to say I didn't score again. But I had an awesome trip hunting with family and friends. The same afternoon I had to leave, that evening some of our party killed two cows in the spot I was hunting, the cows had a 5 X 5 and a 4 X 4 Bull with them.
Go figure :!:

The fishing was excellent, Think I caught close to 50-trout in the lake near where we camped.
Returned them all as they were 10-12" fish.

Anyway now that I'm home it's time to refocus on the 2015 Deer Season now.

Don

Don,

I'm sorry you didn't get your elk but I wish you well in deer season and hope you get another chance to hunt elk soon.

Vince

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Always a tinge of sadness when someone doesn't score. However, you are correct that spending time with family and friends, especially when it is in the wild, is of inestimable value. Here's to deer this fall!

Don, sorry to hear that you didn't connect on a Elk! But it sure sounds like you had a great time!! Sometimes the animal is just the bonus.
Thank you for the report!

Blessings,
Dan

Thanks you guys,
It's always good to come home. Anxious to go check my trail cams soon, get the tree stands latched down and check things over. Got to move on to the 30-06 now to get a 180 load working for Deer this year. Always something to do when fall hits.

Don

Back